Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the install for the rear-view camera, it occured to me that the set up could be modified and used with a forward facing infrared /thermal imaging camera. No more deer hits! Ok, I'm overlooking the expense and the high probability of crashing into something in plain view while looking at the monitor, but you have to start somwhere.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I remember see something like this in a futuristic look at driving safety. I think they were thinking of a "heads up" display on the windshield. If done properly it could simply superimpose the image over the real scene. Interesting idea.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah, I heard about this too -- I thought it was on some high-end GM models at some point. I also heard that they had (or would) stop production because it interfered too much with your regular view of the world. It's still an interesting idea though. I almost nailed a deer in my driveway coming home the other night -- glad I didn't, as he would've damaged my dear RL, and I don't really like venison all that much. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts