Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inside rear view mirror fell off my sister said she got some adhesive stuff from auto zone & put it back on. Now when she got back in the truck yesterday evening from work it being parked all day in commuter bus parking lot mirror off again on floor. I told her to get some more adhesive type mirror stuff.
I told her to see if Walmart had the Loctite stuff in their auto section I see the sell it online but she could pick it up in store if they had.
It was not off the other day when the truck was here.
The windshield was replaced over a year ago so the mirror was removed.
What have you found to be the best adhesive mirror kit for this problem?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Loctite mirror kit

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Also with the loctite brand.
( or maybe Permatex ) *scratches his head*

Either way make sure the spot is super clean before you glue the button on and wait 24 hours before reatching the mirror.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also with the loctite brand.
( or maybe Permatex ) *scratches his head*

Either way make sure the spot is super clean before you glue the button on and wait 24 hours before reatching the mirror.
Thanks somebody else put it on for her so I don't know if the spot was clean. I was in the truck for a moment
Saturday as she was at my house but she told me yesterday that it had fell off yesterday. So it must have been done before the weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
My RV mirror used to fall off all the time, but that was back when I had a 4500 watt sound system with three 1000 watt bass speakers. Something about those big boys and the vibration they caused.

Since the truck only had around 3600 miles on it I was able to have the dealership replace the mirror mount .... Twice. After the second time I kept the volume down.

I've added aftermarket rear view mirrors on a couple of 81 civics and used the loctite brand with good results each time.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My RV mirror used to fall off all the time, but that was back when I had a 4500 watt sound system with three 1000 watt bass speakers. Something about those big boys and the vibration they caused.

Since the truck only had around 3600 miles on it I was able to have the dealership replace the mirror mount .... Twice. After the second time I kept the volume down.

I've added aftermarket rear view mirrors on a couple of 81 civics and used the loctite brand with good results each time.
Thanks Rusty my sister went to Walmart today but could not find loctite. I saw it on the Walmart website.
I may look again on the site in the mourning I have some kind of gift from them as I made a purchase from them a week ago. I had to order a new window A/C unit for my house. I got a 15,100 BTU air conditioner window unit as my old one was 18yrs old & was running hot in the plug.
The new one is doing a nice job as I got it put in last week this cools off the downstairs of the house.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Check O'Reilly's....or checker or whatever its called in your area, they should have it, with a price match garuntee.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Ridgeline at my house for a while why my sister is at work.
She got some Permatex rearview mirror stuff . Now it says Ford GM Chrysler AC Delco. But my question to ask is the OEM mirror one part or two.
Somebody glued it back on for her & Iam not sure if it's two parts of thhe mirror or was the base part glued to the mirror because it's seems to be stuck.
On the windshield is just the black dot & if the base part is stuck to the mirror it may not hold when I apply it.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Ridgeline at my house for a while why my sister is at work.
She got some Permatex rearview mirror stuff . Now it says Ford GM Chrysler AC Delco. But my question to ask is the OEM mirror one part or two.
Somebody glued it back on for her & Iam not sure if it's two parts of thhe mirror or was the base part glued to the mirror because it's seems to be stuck.
On the windshield is just the black dot & if the base part is stuck to the mirror it may not hold when I apply it.
I found it was two parts as I thought it slides of the base I did not know how to remove the mirror from it bit it slides up & off & a little spring clip is on the base part. I was going to try to get as much of the old hard goop as I can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im leaning towards the Loctite product for repairing my rear view mirror that fell off. I do have one concern. That Black patch where the mirror was originally is not glass and it seems all these products want to remount to glass.

Does the same product mount the mirror back to that same black patch where the rear view used to be??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,142 Posts
The windshield was replaced over a year ago so the mirror was removed.
Is there any type of warranty in effect from either the installer or windshield manufacturer? As is typical with other windshields, the Ridgeline's windshield comes with the mirror mount already attached. This reduces liability claims and poor installations by removing this step from the installer.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Is there any type of warranty in effect from either the installer or windshield manufacturer? As is typical with other windshields, the Ridgeline's windshield comes with the mirror mount already attached. This reduces liability claims and poor installations by removing this step from the installer.
I agree with Z. If this happened to me, I'd drive over to the windshield installer place, walk in and say, "Hi...you installed a windshield in my vehicle a little while ago and the rear view mirror keeps falling off...fix this for me, would ya?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im leaning towards the Loctite product for repairing my rear view mirror that fell off. I do have one concern. That Black patch where the mirror was originally is not glass and it seems all these products want to remount to glass.

Does the same product mount the mirror back to that same black patch where the rear view used to be??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ahh it's a shame no one responded to you, I have the exact same question. Problem for me is, the black patch is pitted, so I don't know if I should attempt to scrape it off or not, or if it's standard and required...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
wrecche
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing