Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally going to go with a Skyfi2 but XM forums seem to indicate that there seems to be some Quality Control issues with Delphi lately. Bought a Audiovox with the car kit at CC for 119.99 after rebate.

I mounted the antenna on the left front part of the roof and ran the wire along the windshield seal to a gap between the front fender and the body then down the behind the weather strip to under the door sill trim under the rubber floor mat to the console.

The power cord is plugged into the rear power receptacle and the wire is run along the left side of the console.

I mounted the unit itself in the left console cup holder using a inverted stainless steel cup I bought at Wally World. I attached the unit mount with sheet metal screws to the inverted cup.

The audio connection is wireless FM which provides "OK" sound quality in my relatively rural area. It will be replaced with a direct connect to the aux out for better fidelity. I just need to get to the 14 pin connector.

If you are interested I'll post some pix this weekend after I clean up the installation.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I would like to see the pictures of the install. Which RTL do you have? Do you have Navi? I believe there is an available 14 pin connector on the headunit. I have the RTL with moonroof and XM built in the HU. On one of the front buttons, there is a button that reads CD/Aux. Does that mean pushing the CD/Aux once will activate the CD changer and pushing it again will activate the Aux function...whatever that may be. I know that Honda is coming out with an MP3 player that connects to a 14 pin bus on the HU. My thought is to use an Auxiliary converter using the 14 pin bus. Check out these links: Link 1 , Link 2 and Link 3 . Any thoughts on any of these products? Is this the way you plan on connecting your XM unit?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bongus, I have a Shond3 adapter I removed from my TSX when I traded it in. As soon as I have some time to get to it, I plan to hook up the aux imput. I dread taking apart the dash so it might be awhile. It depends how quickly I get annoyed with the wireless FM. It is really not very good as it sounds "muddy".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts