Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered one in August after reading this comment and got black rails as hoped - looks really sharp installed. It does worth with a Peragon cover as well with a slight trim to the seal the last two feet of the bed. The rail does create a bit of a trap between it and the peragon cover seal so I will expect some water seep, but shouldn't be too bad.

I forgot to take a photo, but I put a 12 foot long 130 lb fiberglass dinghy on top no problems at all. A few ratchet straps and all was secure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's so weird. I just ordered last week and specifically mentioned I want black rails. They called me and said there is no black rails and they checked here and said it could not be true?! I will paint my rails if needed
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also looking at the Bak Revolver X2 now that you had it for a while how water proof is it?
Anything to add to what you already reported?
I have to decide how to secure the tail gate as well.

Vantech Bed rack: Can it be easily removed?
I don't need it on all the time but need to carry a ladder and long lumber etc once in a while
Might just buy a bed extender but I don't like having stuff hanging out the back like that when I have to travel 100 miles with it IE ladder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also looking at the Bak Revolver X2 now that you had it for a while how water proof is it?
Its not 100% water tight but its pretty darn good. The 4 corners have small gaps in the seals where a little water can seep in. But, even in really heavy rains, or going through a car wash, there is never more than a small dribble of water that gets into the bed.

Anything to add to what you already reported?
Only that I remain extremely happy with the whole setup. I really like the look and utility of the rolling tonneau. I guess if there was one minor irritant, it would be that if you are parked on a hill - even a slight incline, the cover will roll shut unless you secure it open. So if you just want to open it part way to throw something in the end of the bed, it'll roll shut. I guess with a hard folding tonneau, you wouldn't have this issue. Its not that big a deal though... you just roll it all the way up and secure it with the strap. Only takes an extra 30 seconds.

I have to decide how to secure the tail gate as well.
I plan to get a Pop N Lock. I'm waiting for them to release the one that includes both Power and Key. I'm nervous about the power lock failing and not having a key. With the hard cover and the tailgate locked, if the power lock failed there would be no easy way to get into the bed...

Vantech Bed rack: Can it be easily removed?
I don't need it on all the time but need to carry a ladder and long lumber etc once in a while
Might just buy a bed extender but I don't like having stuff hanging out the back like that when I have to travel 100 miles with it IE ladder.
The racks slide on and off very easily. It only takes about a minute. Its easier to do with two people, but can even be done with one. The rails do stay on the side of the bed all the time. Personally, I don't find they take away from the look of the truck at all. Especially with the tonneau cover installed as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow Great Info!

Cover is a must and will be the first purchase.
The rack is a need but I can hold off for a bit ... that is till I need to carry something long

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am still waiting for my rack to arrive. I did get the Ultraflex tonneau but will install both at the same time as to get everything to fit together.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just saw this thread. I am currious how the rails install, both the cover's and the rack's. You you lose any of your tiedowns in the process?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I just saw this thread. I am currious how the rails install, both the cover's and the rack's. You you lose any of your tiedowns in the process?

The rails bolt to the top. You have to drill a few holes through the plastic bed Rail. Underneath are some pre-threaded holes you need to line up to. Not really that hard to do. Measure twice... drill once!

The cover rails mount using the top tiedown bolt holes. But I was able to put the tiedown back on over the rail support... so no lost tiedowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting, thanks. I am starting to lean towards the Truxedo cover because of the ease of removing it and it seems that the rail doesn't come into the bed quite as much. I don't actually know that though so I'll have to research a bit more.

It may be too late for you to take this measurement since the rail is already installed, but I am wondering how much space there is between the rack's rail and the side of the cap. If I know that and can get the measurement as to what the Truxedo rail uses on the cap, I can see if they will work as well together as the rack and the X2 do or if the Truxedo rail needs more space than the rack leaves for it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just installed my Vantech P3000 and I have a question for those who have installed it. The block things that go in the rails at the top -- there is a knob to tighten one side and on the other there is a lock nut. I know that lock nut shouldn't be tightened too much because it is the knob that tightens it, but I can't get it anything but finger tight because it is surrounded by a metal loop. There is a huge space between the nut and what it would tighten up against. It is so loose the nylon locking part is barley engaged and I'm sure the nut will just vibrate off.

Did anyone get that any tighter and if so how did you do it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can someone please post closeup pic of the rail for the tonneau and the bed rack. Like to see how tight the space is. TIA.

Contemplating putting a RTT on top of the Vantech Rack vs. a low rack just over the bed. With Vantech being at roof line height can see out rearview mirror but now RTT being above roof line expect wind drag and noise. I'll start a thread with pics on this once my low rack version is done.
Hi all,

This is my first post... I used the forum to research what to buy for a bed rack and tonneau cover for my new 2017 ridgeline. While the forum was a great source of info, I wasn't able to find anyone who had installed both of my selected items together so I figured I'd post for others to benefit.

I just finished installing a Vantech P3000 bed rack as well as a Bak Revolver X2 hard rolling tonneau cover.

A few observations:

1: My main fear before ordering all this was that the rail for the tonneau and the bed rack wouldn't fit beside each other. I can confirm that they do indeed fit fine. There is absolutely no space between them though... but they do indeed fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi ETinVT,

nice rig!

I am looking at the P3000 for my soon to be delivered Ridgeline. Is it reasonable to slide the verts off the rails when not needed? do you need to loosen the front top bar to make it slide?

I have an 18 ft Wenonah Jensen in the fleet, so nice to see how your boat fit on the truck...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts