Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. Also wondering if everyone just leaves the rail installed when they remove the rack? Can anyone post a pic of the truck with rails, but no rack? Also wondering if anyone has come up with good covers or seals for the holes when the rail is removed to keep water from getting in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the Revolver X4 and Vantech rack and wanted to answer some questions that I had thought myself. I know this thread is a bit old, but it's always one of the first that comes up when searching for the revolver and vantech.

Curious how easy it is to slide the racks and remove/reinstall them? These look like a great option.
Easy enough. my arms are a little too short to reach both sides at once, so I tend to slide one side a little at a time. I keep the "feet" that slide into the rail a little loose (but not too loose) so it slides better. It is really easy with two people though.
I am wondering the same thing. Also wondering if everyone just leaves the rail installed when they remove the rack? Can anyone post a pic of the truck with rails, but no rack? Also wondering if anyone has come up with good covers or seals for the holes when the rail is removed to keep water from getting in?
I leave my rail installed without the racks. It doesn't look bad IMHO, but that's just me. I really only need them on for when we take long trips with our kayaks and we also need use of the tonneau cover.

I included an image, but it might not be the angle you are looking for. I also didn't put the tapping screw in the hole near the tailgate. I found this in another post and replaced the cover and let the rail just sit on it. There is a bolt really close to the back, so it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can someone with the vantech rack do me a favor and measure the exact track length?

Pic attached. I wanna do something more custom.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E
90 Posts
It’s just shy of 61 inches. I’d probably keep your connected points within the middle 50 inches or so. the last ~6 inches on each end isn’t connected as firmly as they’re farther away from the end bolts.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts