Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here who has installed an ipod on their non-navi RL? Can anyone give me more information on how to get this done?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
ehaley said:
The soundgate should work just fine for what you want to do. I had one in my 2003 Accord, and it SHOULD work fine in your Ridgeline (but it is not specifically listed as an application)
But if you have XM, you will lose that with any of these adapters.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Gullio2 (want ipod w/o Navi). Frustrating topic as I've not found anyone here who's reported a clean way of connecting without resorting to FM modulation or egregiously expensive devices (the Alpine Vehicle Hub that Mugen1 mentions is $500). Lots of threads here (search for Ipod) about various devices but when you try to get more details at manufactures sites, they're all out of date (no mention of RL) or woefully lacking in details. Guess they depend on local stereo installers to figure out how to use them rather than explain it to the rest of us.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for Honda's device and hope it's backward compatible. Sounds like it might be a generic device for many Honda models but I'll admit I'm being hopeful. More expensive than I want but I also want simplicity. See http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2367

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hooked my iPod up to my Ridgeline w/Navi, and it just shows something on the screen. Sorry, it's late, I don't remember what exactly is displayed, but it's nothing special.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you have navi and are just interested in the sound from your IPOD (not controlling it) then you can just plug it into the AUX jack, it should work just fine, mine does in my Element and I can't imagine they are much different. My navi RL comes in 3 weeks so I can't say for sure yet :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, in my case, I only have XM and not navigation...I guess it may not work with the NAVI, but does it seem to solve this issue for almost everyone else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts