Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me the 4500NEX for my birthday; the wireless CarPlay and detachable faceplate combo I've been waiting for. I had mentioned wanting it awhile back, saying I'd try to do the install myself; I have a 2012 RTL without NAV. Now that the time has come, I need to know what all tools I need to have to make this happen. I have some basic knowhow, but probably not as much as I'd like to. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos for getting the dash off, but none really covers the wiring hookups. I also went through this thread from nokh from early 2018, and it seems fairly straightforward.

I know that I need the dash trim kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter. I also want to put in the iDatalink Maestro RR, so I can have the steering wheel controls plus the check engine codes & TPMS sensors on the stereo. Is there anything else that I should know?

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
@rocketlion2 lots of applicable threads within this section of the forum. Unfortunately as the G1 has aged, so has the "Mods" scene here on the ROC. I believe everything you are looking for has already been posted at least once.

Best of Luck and Please post your experiences as it may help other "New to Them" G1 owners

·
Registered
770 Posts
Check out my post from long ago...

Parking brake bypass.
Steering wheel control module
Make sure you get the antenna amplifier wired up right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts