Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing some speakers I bought and things were going pretty well - until I got to the drivers door. I was almost done putting it back together and I dropped a screw. I moved the door to go around it to pick the screw up a little too much and it latched. Now it will not open. The door latch is still down inside the door cover and it won't move. When I unlock the doors using the fob or the button (luckily the windows are down.) the sound like the unlock and then re-lock. How screwed am I?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crises averted.

I was able to pry the door panel on the lock side up with the door closed and reach in with one finger and push the lock down. then the door opened fine.

I think the left rear door had been replaced, or at least worked on. The drivers door had obviously been off (A couple of screws missing, etc.)

But everything works, and the speakers sound awesome.

3 of the originals were decayed beyond belief. Hard to believe they made noise. Left rear speaker looked brand new, as did the inside of he door.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing like sitting on a shady porch having a nice bourbon and some Yorkshire leaf
in the pipe after doing battle with a repair.

Just sayin....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Always nice knowing something was accomplished.

And figuring it out all on your own always helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts