Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007 Ridgeline RT/LX. One of the upgrades i've done is replace the HU with a Pioneer App 4 Radio. I had it installed by a pro since I knew they would do a better job plus I didn't want the hassle.

I figured I could install the speakers I purchased (I bought 4 Infinity Kappas). Man was it ever a pain to install just one. First I had to take the whole panel off...not so bad. But installing the speaker itself...agh, what a pain. The scosche speaker adapters have really odd mounting holes. The screws that came with the speakers don't grab unto the adapters. I had to use the clip on washers they came with. But in order to use the clip on washers I had to snap of the metal to make em flat washers :/

Anyways I've only installed in 1 cause it took me over an hour to do and I got fed up. Later I'll install the other ones

That's the end of my rant, thanks for reading

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah its kind of a pain, but mine where not all that bad the Kicker speakers I just did not like drilling holes into the doors for the adapters.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Agree that it was a real pain! It is worth it though and you will be happy with the result!:smile:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
I just went and bought some stainless steel bolts, nuts, and lock washers to mount the speakers to the adapters. I don't remember the size, but it was rather easy to do, very low cost, and is much more secure than the way the way included with the adapters. I've done this many times and don't bother with the hardware included in the adapter or speaker.

-Joe

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts