Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ridgeline RTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with this? I took out my stock radio because the back light was not working. Got a stock radio from someone on this forum but the plugs are slightly different. I have 4 inlets on the back of mine but the radio that came off of a 2006 Ridgeline only has 3 inlets. The radios are identical. Any advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2008 Ridgeline RTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help me with this? I took out my stock radio because the back light was not working. Got a stock radio from someone on this forum but the plugs are slightly different. I have 4 inlets on the back of mine but the radio that came off of a 2006 Ridgeline only has 3 inlets. The radios are identical. Any advice? Thanks!!
3A867B9E-1A0C-4A4F-BE34-2A851C30070F.jpeg

·
Registered
2008 Ridgeline RTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s the middle plug on the left radio that I need on the right radio. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I’m guessing here, but my 08 has XM controls on the head unit but I don’t have the module/antenna. I don’t remember what the back looks like but it could be like the one you bought that doesn’t have that center plug. Did you originally have functioning XM Radio? Mine is an RTX, so a more basic model.

·
Registered
2008 Ridgeline RTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m guessing here, but my 08 has XM controls on the head unit but I don’t have the module/antenna. I don’t remember what the back looks like but it could be like the one you bought that doesn’t have that center plug. Did you originally have functioning XM Radio? Mine is an RTX, so a more basic model.
Hi Steve. Mine is an RTS with out xm radio

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Clearly the radios are not identical. (-:
(Sorry for stating the obvious)

What is it in your pickup that won’t get connected by virtue of the lack of that connector on the replacement?

·
Registered
2008 Ridgeline RTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clearly the radios are not identical. (-:
(Sorry for stating the obvious)

What is it in your pickup that won’t get connected by virtue of the lack of that connector on the replacement?
No worries. It just the connector doesn’t match up with the connector on the other radio.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Do you have a wiring plug for all of the other outlets?
I’m trying to figure out if this is a case of Honda having made a connector change between model years, or if it’s a matter of some feature that’s not gonna get connected.

An example of that might be: Even if you don’t have XM, maybe in your pickup the wiring harness is there and was plugged into your radio, but it just doesn’t go anywhere from there.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS
115 Posts
Does your '08 have a CD player? The '06 radio might not be configured with that as an option.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,629 Posts
Your '08 RTS came from factory with a subwoofer. The person you bought the radio from, did they disclose the trim the radio was from and if that trim had a sub?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts