Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the trick. Your ROC comes with two removable sheets: the front and the back.

First and foremost, clean your rear window and decide where to place it. Lower left would be a good, common placement for all of us but you can do whatever you want.

To get the decal prepped for placement, I recommend laying the decal on a hard surface like a counter top. Then, firmly rub the decal (face up) so that the decal gets pressed down well onto the backing.

Next, slowly and carefully, remove the decal from the backing. Now you have the top layer and the actual decal....

Carefully place the decal and top layer where you want it displayed on your rear glass. Once it is in place, firmly rub it in so the adhesive on the actual decal portion takes hold of the glass.

Next, slowly and carefully remove the top layer. This will leave only the decal on the glass.

Enjoy the smile on your face. It's beautiful! ;)

Only other thing worth mentioning is to be cautious when cleaning your rear glass. The right scrub or cloth might just nick up your decal if you're not careful, so be gentle around your decal location for best results.

Thanks to everyone for their support of the ROC! We have sold a lot of decals already and this is a great way to not only help to identify one another on the road but also to promote the club.

For those of you still interested in purchasing one or more decals, check out our order page at: ROC Merchandise Page

Thanks again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my chrome ROC decal the other day. Can't wait to install it. Complete purchase and arrival of merchandise was a smooth transaction. Will be looking at other item to purchase. Thanks to everyone involved.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Boy, Am I A DumbA**

Got my Chrome ROC sticker today and was pretty excited to apply it to the rear window. First difficulty was getting the die-cut sticker free from the backing. As I peeled it away, some of the thinner, smaller details of the sticker stayed on the backing sheet. It took me under five minutes and an X-Acto knife with a #11 blade to carefully pick away the backing sheet from the sticker until the whole thing was on the adhesive-backed top layer.

Now here is the kicker...I jumped into the rear seat of the Ridge (yea, you see it coming), cleaned the window, lined up the sticker and applied it to the window - BACKWARDS! I swear I must be the biggest dumbass on these boards. Not only is the sticker not readable from the outside of the truck (because it is facing to the interior), but the headreast blocks my view of it from the inside. Wish I got a second chance. I suppose I will place another order and use a trusty straight razor blade to remove my mistake. Oh the shame and horror of these difficult modifications.

Recommendation: Include the instructions with each sticker as in T Mac's post and put in big, bold letters that the decal should be applied to the OUTSIDE of the vehicle window.

·
Registered
67 Posts
:mad: I total understand where you are coming from. I didnt put it on backwards but it was a pain in the *** getting my decal on too. I have sent a couple of emails about the difficulty I had with mine but I havent gotten a reply yet. I can only assume that since I got my decal right after they got new stock of the decal that the QC fell off a little.

I guess I will have to reorder too. I will say that I have gotten way more than 14 dollars worth of value from being a member of this club. Keep up the good work guy's and gals.

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
So I'm about to buy one of these stickers... My RL is white so should I get the white or the chrome?
White truck = white sticker

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Be careful with the "O" in .COM. The center piece was too small to stick to the sticky paper applicator when I carefully peeled it away and it got lost between the composite bed panels!

My solution to this problem was to completely cut away at the .com.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have instructions for application now linked from the ROC merch page.

I have been out of town on business but now back and catching up on email, so I apologize if there are some delays on getting back to anyone. I usually average anywhere from 25-50 emails each day that need some sort of reply so it's taking me a while.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
50 Posts
T Mac - thanks again for the emails this weekend. Look forward to getting my ROC sticker on the truck later this week.

Shay

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to my second ROC decal. As nice as the chome sticker looked on my 06 black RT, I know it'll look even nicer on my new 07 aberdeen RTL. Plus, I'm happy to support a great club with great members.

Any possibility of getting some ROC shirts made up? I know I'd love to show one off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Shirts will go on sale again in September. Thanks for your support!
Count Me In! The other day I saw someone with a "Silverado" shirt and I said to my girlfriend... "Honey a great anniversary present would be a RL shirt". A ROC shirt would be better!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I will be definilty purchasing a shirt to show my support. What an awesome idea!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed my ROC sticker yesterday. Went on very nice. Used the instructions with the masking tape hinge method and it worked great. Cleaned the window with vinegar/water.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Just installed my ROC decal and it looks great.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Received mine last wednesday night and wasn't able to install it as the instructions were on the site. My home computer is in shambles so I had to wait a day. So I Just installed mine 5 mins ago and IT LOOKS GREAT! :D :D :D

Don't see too much around here (only saw like 3 on last weekend's trip to vegas - which is good, not a commercialized truck), but those that do have RLs look like very kind people LOL. TMAC, if you still got some cards lying around maybe you can ship them to me and I'll gladly give them out. send a PM.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
So I'm about to buy one of these stickers... My RL is white so should I get the white or the chrome?
crome is better looking i think..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts