Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with my insurance company (State Farm) and they told me the Ridgeline would cost $110 more per 6-months than my Nissan XTerra does. With all the airbags and crash test rating I didn't expect that.

Is it simply because the cost of the car is more than the XTerra, or something else?

Scott

L

·
0 Posts
I pay $450.00 a half on my Ridgeline with State Farm. Have 1 other vehicle and house with them as well.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My insurance through Unitrin went up $15 a month over my '03 CRV. Not too bad, considering the vehicle is worth quite a bit more.

One thing I was told a while back is that while the Airbags save lives they are very costly to replace. So the more that deploy the more it costs for repair. My agent (a family friend) even told me that they have even totalled cars that are just a few years old because the costs of new airbags plus repairing the vehicle just wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
We went through Auto Owners Ins and pay 750 per year, 200 less than we were quoted through the Hartford

·
Registered
167 Posts
It depends on where you live too. I'm paying 500/6 months on my RL. Our 2002 Liberty costs 475/6 months (something like that).

·
Registered
349 Posts
My ridge is a working truck with a $1,000,000.00 dollar policy on it. My insurance went up 27$ a month over my Silverado. They stated it was replacement cost. Silverado 15K Dollars, Ridge 35K Dollars, watching other people look at my truck in amazement "Priceless".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pioneer charges 650 half year for my Ridge.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'm paying about $175/yr less for my Ridgeline than my '99 Ford Ranger. Only in Massachusetts, home of state regulated insurance rates.

·
Registered
419 Posts
State Farm...$552.00 per six months...was told that it was a rather expensive vehicle to be reparied in case of an accident due to the air bags and electronics...oh well!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most insurance policies are Not "replacement policies"....I am unaware of any auto policy that replaces your truck...the insurance companies pay what your vehicle is worth at the time of the loss...the more miles the less your vehicle is worth....it most likely will never be replaced unless you just drove it off the lot and it was hit and destroyed on the way home from the dealership...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all. first post for me.

I havnt gotten a Ridgeline yet (waiting a few weeks) but I called my insurance to see what it would do. Unfortently they didn't have it in the system but with a description of the truck, my insurance would go down a couple bucks a month. right now I'm paying like 71-72 a month for my Mazdaspeed. and it will go down with the ridgeline. I use American Family and have a totoal of three cars (2002 montero sport being traded in on a civic hybrid, a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege being traded for the Ridgeline, and 1971 Datsun 510)plus i have my home insurance with them so i get a break. Im just a little nervous that next year it would go up, but it shouldn't be to much if it does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts