Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a response as to there Insurance quote. My broker quoted me 33% more than I'm currently paying for my 04 Ody (Note- MSRP is almost identical and coverage is the same) :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, I too am curious hoe everyone is finding their rates on their new Ridges...

What company quoted you 33% higher?

One potential problem may be the fact that there are no official crash tests by the Government as of yet...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I checked into it about a week ago, I sat as the agent called the company, they could find nothing on the vehicle. So what they do in that case is they have a formula that just goes by what you paid for the truck, based on some of whats in it. When I mentioned all the safety stuff, she said that infact costs more, because if you have an accident, there is the chance of more airbags going off, and they are expensive to replace.

She said it waould add $30.00 per month to what I am paying now for a 9 year old blazer, and that was based on buying an RT at $27,700.00.
She guessed that by the fall of this year they would a rate for teh ridgeline.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I checked out quotes for all the vehicles I was comparing. The Ridgeline actually came in the cheapest for all the 2005 vehicles.

I was driving a 2001 Sequoia $685.00 /6 mos, the Ridgeline will cost me $749.00/ 6 mos (keep in mind I'm in West Philly - 200 ft from the suburban border, but still in the city!)

compared it to:

the BMW X5 - $838/ 6 mos
the Tundra DoubleCab $845/ 6 mos.
the Volvo XC90 v8 $835/ 6 mos

I'm using State Farm. $250/deduct on comp and $500 deduct on collision.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ridge who do you use and what kind of coverage do you have? Does it include car rental, towing and what is the liability 300,000 / 100,000 or what?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Heinrich said:
Ridge who do you use and what kind of coverage do you have? Does it include car rental, towing and what is the liability 300,000 / 100,000 or what?
It's with State Farm. no car rental, but I do have towing. limits are 50/100/50 100,000 for personal injury. I'm also in a small town, so that makes a difference and I told them I wouldn't be driving more than 7,500 miles a year, and that knocked off approx 70.00. This stuff isn't nearly as fun as talking about the Ridgeline. :D

.....oh, also I've been with them forever and don't jump ship just because I can save 10.00 somewhere else. I also have a perfect record no tickets or accidents (yeah....I'm a good driver. {Rain Man})as well as 2 other vehicles with them.

L

·
0 Posts
Just my 2 cents.
I am paying $402.00 a half with $250.00 and $100.00 deductibles with State Farm valued at $40K. As you may know, the more you have insured with them, the better the rates. Good Luck.
LadyRidge ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use geico and my police is only 907/ every6 months for 06 Infiniti fx35 and a 06 loaded a RTL ridgeline and a 96 Saturn sl2. i do have 500 deductible and towing, rental car and just about everything.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Im insured with State Farm, and when i purchased back in Jan, 2006, my rate only went up $100 for the year, and I was driving a Jeep Liberty before that.. I have full coverage, rental car, and have my homeowners insurance through State Farm.

In my experience, State Farm is the best insurance company out there for autos based on cost of insurance, and the protection they provide. My wife works for Nationwide Insurance, and says how easy it is to deal with State Farm, and State Farm pretty much gets what they want when defending one of their insured. The $10, $50, or even $200 you may save by using one of the non-standard insurance companies is not worth it if you have to file a claim someday.

My experience:

I was parked in my RL and a semi driver hit the back end with the edge of his trailer. It damaged the tailight housing, and scratched the bumper.. no big deal, it was about $600 to fix. It was the truck drivers fault, but still when it came time for the jag truckdrivers insurance company to pay up, they wanted to settle, and pay less, and not pay my deductible. State Farm told them no way, and sent it to subregation(sp), meaning they were ready to go to court to get back my entire deductible, and make this truck drivers insurance pay for all the damages. State Farm, and I won, got my deductible back, and my RL fixed %100.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
pkoolil said:
I use geico and my police is only 907/ every6 months for 06 Infiniti fx35 and a 06 loaded a RTL ridgeline and a 96 Saturn sl2. i do have 500 deductible and towing, rental car and just about everything.
$1488 per year on a 06 RTL S/R AND a 06 Pilot EX 4WD w/zero comprehensive and 500 collision deductables.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Guys I Am 50 Yrs Old, No Tickets For 28 Yrs, 1 Very Minor Accident In The Last 3 Years, Bumper Covers Were Scratched Mine And His, And When I Sold My 05 F150 Xlt Lariat To Buy My Ridge The Insurance Company (allstate) Raised My Rates Almost 800 A Year. Need Less To Say When The Accicdent Is Off My Ins Record I Will Be Shopping For A New Ins Co.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I started a thread regarding insurance quotes last year when I first got my Ridgeline. Just recieved a quote from State Farm for $360.00 To get this quote I had to change agents & really examine the polocy with my new agent.
The quote in now in line with my previous F150 4 x 4 & Nissan Armarda. But the cost to insure the Ridgeline I think is very high. I am also 58 years old, $500.oo detuctable, multi vehicle & accident free. No tickets ect.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I pay 128/ mth for my house 500 deductible, 06 odyssey ex-l 500 deduc. 500,250,250 liabilities , 06 RL rts 500 deduc. 300/100/100 business insurance. I think I get some great rates and my cousin is my State Farm agent as well. Of course I live in a small town outside of Tulsa, OK (low crime rates)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts