Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my God, I got my new premium today with State Farm here in Texas and my insurance was 30 % higher than with a more expensive domestic.
They said it was due to insurance standards and the cost of honda parts,
I did not see that one coming.

They use to call that clipping in football , or a cheap shot,,,,,,

thanks HONDA................

·
Registered
578 Posts
have you thought about trying a diff insurance company?

Honda OE parts are not THAT expensive.

There's been a few threads that show that the insurance rates don't increase that much if any at all. I think you are being BS'd.

·
Registered
264 Posts
When i got my truck , I checked with 3 different ins. companies. The price variance was over $200 per year. Even the company you have trusted for years will stick it to you given the opportunity.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Hey Baja, I'm in Texas too - about 35 miles north of Tyler. I also have State Farm and they said they will send me my updated policy soon. When I receive it, I'll send you a private email and maybe we can go over the figures to see if indeed we are getting the shaft from them, at least in this state.

·
Registered
73 Posts
State Farm is your problem! TRUST me on this one...ANYBODY else is probably cheaper!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am in TX and have Farm Bureau. I bought 2 RTL's and mine did not go up from our previous vehicles. We usually get new vehicles every year and I have not seen much increase over the past years. I know when I had State Farm, they always had a reason to up the premium. They used to cover my home and we changed 4 years ago and have never looked back, when I shopped homeowners they charged 825.00 a year more than I pay now and that was back then. I would shop and see what else is out for the money.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
State Farm is your problem! TRUST me on this one...ANYBODY else is probably cheaper!
Last time I shopped around State Farm was as competitive as the others. May have changed since then, but State Farm has always responded quickly when we've needed them. I can't speak for the others.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny story. I had State Farm. They canceled me because I had a wreck (did no damage to my truck) but 7500 to the car (was special T-Bird from the 50's). Also my wife had a wreck 3 months later. It was minor...no damage to the same Jeep. But a lot for the other car...go figure.
Well back to my story. I got the letter of cancelation. Felt really bad, but decided I would try Gieco. Called them up and got a (maxed out) policy for 400 dollars less every 6 months then I was paying State Farm.
I can only thank SF for dropping me. I had no idea I was getting ripped.
Jeff Heiss
Dallas, Tx

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
As far as cancellation is concerned that could be a serious problem. However, having been with St. Farm forever, there is some clause in there now that they can not cancel me for any reason (as long as I pay that is).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have State Farm. I just called Geico to check on a rate and they were about $20 more a month. I still haven't found anyone who can give me a better rate.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced a '97 civic DX and my insurance only went up 15%, but then again I have USAA, which is military/retired military only and probably the best company out there.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Baja, I will send you an email like I said so look for it. If you don't get it post back here. I just received my new State Farm policy - $500 every six months!! I can't believe it! Is it just us in Texas getting the shaft or what? Look for my email and we'll compare notes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I jsut had the same experience from Encompass (CNA) I replaced a $39k list Nissan Titan truck with a $33k list Ridgeline and my policy went up. Same "higher cost to repair" bs from my agent. They even tried to tell me the Ridgeline was a more expensive vehicle. I'll be faxing them copies of both msrp stickers Monday and see what new spin they try.

My Titan was totalled (drunk driver) and even though the traffic report showed I tried to do everything to avoid this, I figured they were already trying to recoup their loss.

Cal

·
Registered
198 Posts
cal said:
I jsut had the same experience from Encompass (CNA) I replaced a $39k list Nissan Titan truck with a $33k list Ridgeline and my policy went up. Same "higher cost to repair" bs from my agent. They even tried to tell me the Ridgeline was a more expensive vehicle. I'll be faxing them copies of both msrp stickers Monday and see what new spin they try.

My Titan was totalled (drunk driver) and even though the traffic report showed I tried to do everything to avoid this, I figured they were already trying to recoup their loss.

Cal
When you consider that injury and death are what the insurance companies really pay high monetary claims for, AND the fact that Ridgeline received a 5 star crash rating, AND it was designed to be impact compatible with passenger cars, it doesn't make sense that insurance rates would go up does it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (Tyler Texas)

shortspark and baja, my State Farm Insurance agent is in Tyler Texas, and here is my renewal.​

Policy Period: March 16, 2006 to September 16, 2006

Your premium has already been adjusted by the following.

Premium Reductions(by vehicle)
$--4.00--Anti theft
$-19.00--Vehicle Safety
$144.00--Renewal

Vehicle Description: 2006 Honda Ridgeline

$-73.00--Liability Bodily Injury 50,000/100,000
$109.00--Property Damage 50,000
$-45.00--Personal Injury Protection 10,000
$-40.00--500 Deductible Other Than Collision
$205.00--500 Deductible Collision
$--3.41--Emergency Road Service
$-19.00--Rental Reimbursement
---------Uninsured, Under insured Motorist:
$-20.00--Bodily Injury 25,000/50,000
$-21.00--Property Damage 25,000
$--2.00--Death Indemnity
-----------------------------------------
$537.41--Total Premium Per Vehicle for 6 months x 2= $1,074.82 a year

I pay $90.73 a month on my payment plan.

I also have been with State Farm over 10 years, so I have, "*** Your policy has the Guaranteed Renewal Endorsement.***"

I also don't have any accidents or tickets, and my credit score is good.

I noticed no others have posted what your coverage and cost is. I would like to see what some of the others of you are paying too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been with State Farm for 18 years and actually when I got my ridgeline my rates dropped from the 1998 bravada I was driving.I pay 390 a half.

·
Registered
505 Posts
2006 Honda Ridgeline - San Diego (State Farm)

$-78.26--Liability Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000
--Property Damage $50,000
$-15.32--Medical Payments $25,000 each person
$-67.07--Comprehensive
$117.18--Collision ($100 deductible)
$--1.58--Emergency roadside assistance
$--6.05--Car rental/travel expense ($16 day/$400 each occurance
$-10.61--Uninsured motorist $100,000/$300,000
$---.31--Uninsured property damage

·
Registered
277 Posts
gadgetz said:
2006 Honda Ridgeline - San Diego (State Farm)

$-78.26--Liability Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000
--Property Damage $50,000
$-15.32--Medical Payments $25,000 each person
$-67.07--Comprehensive
$117.18--Collision ($100 deductible)
$--1.58--Emergency roadside assistance
$--6.05--Car rental/travel expense ($16 day/$400 each occurance
$-10.61--Uninsured motorist $100,000/$300,000
$---.31--Uninsured property damage
If my math is right, yours is only $296.38 for I guess 6 months or $49.40 a month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts