Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the rear door handles of my RTL-E don't have the blue ambient lights like the front doors have. I was thinking this was something they missed because the photo of the ambient lighting on the website and brochure shows lights here. I checked my co-worker's Black Edition and it didn't have them either. Do any of you have lights in the rear doors? My snipped picture is a bit small but it is pretty clear on the site. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Well, there is one pic in the brochure that seems to show 'some' blue in the passenger door handle; however, there is also another pic that shows the rear door opening much further than mine does. Maybe that's the 'specs subject to change' moniker at the end playing itself out.

I have an RTL-E with no ambient lighting on the back door handle areas.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If theres wiring for it then it would be easy to install a single led. Worst case scenario you tap the parking light wire running to the rear tail lights and run it into the door. Its a little bit of work for some lighting. The harness probably only runs down one side so you have to run a wire under the carpet to the other side. I will warn you that Honda is famous for using molex plugs on the door wiring and it can be difficult to get a wire through.

Who knows if the photos were taken of a prototype, Canadian model or what. Could even be digitally enhanced.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This pisses me off... i've owned 9 hondas and they are getting worse and worse about this. Another example is on the website and in the brochure they show the RTL with pilot wheels. Clearly mine came with RTL-T/E wheels. I wish they would get their act together. I was reading a post about door gaps and hood gaps being off by 1/2 and this is considered acceptable for a first year vehicle. this is UNacceptable! If honda misprints something such as trailer hitch wiring, wheels, or accessories and you don't get what you pay for, It should be corrected and you should be able to get that part or accessory installed for free. I'm taking my vehicle in on saturday for what i call some "minor" issues, but the more i think about it, the more this has become a hassle. We'll see if Honda steps up to the plate to make it right. if not, this may be my last honda.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I run by the dealer to get my plates I'm going to ask them about it. I'm sure they'll try to give me the run around but I'm going do my best to have them install those mothers. Either that or get a set of rear seat covers out of the deal!

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
When I run by the dealer to get my plates I'm going to ask them about it. I'm sure they'll try to give me the run around but I'm going do my best to have them install those mothers. Either that or get a set of rear seat covers out of the deal!
Good luck. I'm betting you'll get nothing. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts