Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my RTL. I love it. But doing alot of research on ROC, I found that alot of you have had nasty interior leaks when it rains? 2 Questions. Do your states have lemon laws? Was the leak ever fixed buy Honda on the later models? Thanks, willy212
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
willy212 said:
I just got my RTL. I love it. But doing alot of research on ROC, I found that alot of you have had nasty interior leaks when it rains? 2 Questions. Do your states have lemon laws? Was the leak ever fixed buy Honda on the later models? Thanks, willy212
The leaks seemed to be mostly on early build models. I have a 9/05 build and have checked often......thankfully, no leaks, no windshield whistle, auto unlock functions. I would assume that the fixes were implemented on the assembly line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Willy - My Ridge was built 7/05 and I had the right rear link once. I printed off an invoice someone posted here that detailed the fix and took it in to my svc. rep. yesterday. They said they sealed up a seam where the seat belt anchor was and tested with a high pressure hose. *fingers crossed* I am hoping this fixed my leak. I am gonna take it to one of those carwashes with the high pressure hose and test it out this weekend. I will report back!

Oh yeah, I think only like 20 or less people here have reported the leak...not many out of all of the over 2000 registered users.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Mine was built in February 05 and did have the leak. My service department in conjunction with Honda Engineers found the source and repair the leak. they had it for a week and dumped gallons of H2O on it but the issue is resolved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I am new to this site and unfortunately what brings me to it is the "leak" many sites are talking about. Purchase my truck in June and first leak was noticed 1 month ago. Had one in the rear on the driver side. They replaced the door seal. Now have both the driver and passenger from floor areas wet. It is in the shop now for the 2nd time. Any recommendations on how to pursue? The dealer in central Va says it new to them and they haven't had this experience yet. But from the other sites it seems pretty well documented. Please help!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
sleepdds said:
I am new to this site and unfortunately what brings me to it is the "leak" many sites are talking about. Purchase my truck in June and first leak was noticed 1 month ago. Had one in the rear on the driver side. They replaced the door seal. Now have both the driver and passenger from floor areas wet. It is in the shop now for the 2nd time. Any recommendations on how to pursue? The dealer in central Va says it new to them and they haven't had this experience yet. But from the other sites it seems pretty well documented. Please help!!
From my understand, if the leaks are in the rear area of the cab; it is very likely the leak is from bad seals in the third brake light panel assy. Here is one post http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=46507&postcount=288
Here is another http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40557&postcount=261
This thread has over 290 posts on leaks. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693&highlight=leak+brake+light+panel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
From my understand, if the leaks are in the rear area of the cab; it is very likely the leak is from bad seals in the third brake light panel assy...
Hey Tex, I thought I had been following the 'rear leak' threads closely... where did you hear about the third brake light assy possibly being the culprit? Thx.

Sleepdds: Here is another thread on the rear leak problem.... good luck!
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3202&highlight=rear+leak
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
There was another poster the other day who said his dealership found a deformed seal on the third brake light assembly and it was causing wind noise problems on his truck. if the seal can get deformed, then water could certainly make its way closer to the interior (not sure if it can get past the light fixture into the cab however but could certainly affect the brake light eventually).
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top