Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Was looking to replace all my interior lights with LED's... Anyone know the bulb sizes for all the interior lights? Including the doors and such! Thanks for any help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
A bit of advise from personal experience:

Pure white light from LED's can be quite disturbing when transitioning from a dark to illuminated interior.

For example: soon after installing white LED's a couple of buddies were snoozing in the back seat during a road trip. Pulling into a rest stop off the interstate - opening the front door jolted them both awake to (what seemed like) interrogation lights. "HOLY CRAP!" from them both as they tried to adjust to stark white light.

Same goes on the other way around too. When your eyes are acclimated to white light from the overheads, peering out into darkness outside can be a rough transition for human pupils. I would suggest that under certain circumstances - the time it takes to adjust to darkness may be dangerously long.

I've experimented with "soft" white, amber and red overheads. At the moment, front overheads are red, rear are amber.

Camera does a poor job of capturing/conveying red spectrum, but you get the idea:

RedOverHead.jpg

From flashlights to Naval command bridges, the military solved vision transition issues quite some time ago with (appropriately tinted) red lighting. I find the light cast from red overheads provides satisfactory reading levels while making transition from light to dark comfortable. Amber comes a close second for transition, while providing much more overall illumination.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the idea of the red overhead lights, we used them on our ships in the Navy and you can pretty much walk through the entire flight deck without problems... I think it would look like a red light district on my truck but that's my opinion, I would stick to the stock lights except for the reading lights on top which gives it a nice updated look in LED.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,098 Posts
I have had Cutequeen products for over a year in two of my cars. Below are the ones I have in the RL.

Trunk/rear seat/center console - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZGW47U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Map/Reading lights (front) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G18CZN0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are pretty bright and last long. Unlike many that have a blue tint and flicker in few months, these don't flicker and are pure white. I, personally, have not been alarmed by the brightness and when my infant is sleeping, i just turn off the light from the dash before I get out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase the red overhead lights just for the front reading and rear overhead cab lights. A link or website would be nice. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I want to keep the door lights white but change the front reading and rear dome lights red. I do read in my truck and was wandering if I install the red lights will I still be able to see and read OK.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I want to keep the door lights white but change the front reading and rear dome lights red. I do read in my truck and was wandering if I install the red lights will I still be able to see and read OK.
Red overheads minimize pupil dilation so that looking away from red illumination to dark surroundings doesn't cause temporary blindness while pupils readjust from light to dark. At the same time it provides enough illumination to read and perform other tasks. Military figured that out long ago. So yes, depending on temperature of color, you can read under red overhead lighting. Phone camera auto focus and resolution has trouble reproducing what can actually be seen, but you get the idea from this image:

Red_Read.jpg

In the 06, I added foot well lights, so this image is skewed a bit. Once you get past the brothel effect, the red glow is actually pleasant.

Red_Ambient.jpg
Red_Ambient_2.jpg

My choice was to keep bright interior lighting low to the floor, so console mounted rear light is pure white. Finding stuff on the floor is no problem. I also added mirror mounted perimeter lights which facilitates approach and exit ground lighting. Red in the front doors, white in the rear, amber in rear overheads.

Red_White_Combo.jpg

Perimeter lights

Night.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline
19 Posts
Does the 2017 Honda Ridgeline have lights under the dashboard where your feet go?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts