Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your thoughts on additional interior lighting?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know from my experience that it needs to be done with the correct amount and color, if there is to much it looks bad, and if it doesnt blend with the interior thats not good either. I have used led's under the dash in my element and under the back seats that really made a huge difference at night. I was looking at the ridgeline and it does need some lighting in the front/rear floor areas. I was wondering what everyones opinion was for a good color to match the olive leather interior. (red,blue etc.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a bit too bright for my taste!

But I actually like interior lighting, but I have mine mounted very low and shining down to the floor. both front and rear, In my Dodge Ram, that is. We do a fair bit of long distance night driving and it is really nice to see where you dropped something.

Someday I will add this in the Ridge too.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
5S Dude said:
What are your thoughts on additional interior lighting?
Ron, hook a brotha up in that same color! :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
VERY interesting...

I would be interested in adding additional light to the interior, but only enough to match the intensity and non-abtrusiveness of the OEM accent light located in the upper console. I love the blue lighting, but I want something that people think is stock.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the owner was going for a more show look but we have noticed when night driving that it is pretty dark down by your feet and Cindy often times will be fumbling around in her purse in the dark. I also agree with most members that it is a bit bright and was thinking of a more OEM look to the additional lighting. Thank you all as your input is much appreciated. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do not have any Pics but 3 LED's (blue) pointed at each passengers feet is the bomb. My squeeze likes it more than the NAVI.
We also put them in the storage console but I need one at/ under the console arm rest. The doors are really cool in the first post. I have not considered the back seats.

D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I want to do this as well. Has anyone posted a tutorial? What wire can I pull power from? What part? How to mount?

If there is already a post anwering this, then just point me on my way :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
yabado said:
I want to do this as well. Has anyone posted a tutorial? What wire can I pull power from? What part? How to mount?

If there is already a post anwering this, then just point me on my way :)
Yeah, I'm looking for the same. Also, is it possible to change the stock "green" lighting in the dash? I like the white light of the gauges, but the radio, temp, etc color is not very attractive in my opinion. I was wondering is the screen tinted that color with a standard bulb behind? I'm sure this is the case, but was wondering what people have done with the dash lights... :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts