Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will not work when the door is opened. The 3 way switch has no effect in either the ON position or the DOOR position. All fuses are good. The interior lights on the door works ruling out the door switch. Does not matter which door is opened.
The fuses all check out.
Conclusion
1. a relay if there is one and where is it?
2. the 3 way switch. and that looks like an all day job!!!!
what is the procedure for replacing it?
Thanks Don

·
Registered
128 Posts
will not work when the door is opened. The 3 way switch has no effect in either the ON position or the DOOR position. All fuses are good. The interior lights on the door works ruling out the door switch. Does not matter which door is opened.
The fuses all check out.
Conclusion
1. a relay if there is one and where is it?
2. the 3 way switch. and that looks like an all day job!!!!
what is the procedure for replacing it?
Thanks Don
I just fixed this exact problem last weekend with help from this forum. I'll try to search and link the post here but in the meantime...you need to remove the homelink assembly, gently pry the light assembly out of the housing, remove the offending switch and gently bend the three contact tabs down a hair or two. Mine works like new again now. I'll update here with the link that helped me if I can find out.

Edit: check post #5 here and the posts it refers to, pretty simple operation. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29570

1 - 2 of 2 Posts