Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, I purchased an interior wood trim kit from Burtman Industries. Medium Birdseye against the green interior should look good. Going to post some pictures as soon as I receive the kit (around 7-21-05). Jason, I want to thank you for taking care of me and answering my questions and putting my mind at ease.
For the other good people on ROC, you might want to take a look at some of the products Jason has (no this is not a plug! :D ) If ya don't see it, shoot him an email and ask. Looking forward to installing the kit and can't wait to post some pictures of Shrekline on ROC.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
what's the email link?

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are just a few pictures I have so far of the wood kit from Burtman Industries. Birdseye Maple. Gotta tell ya folks, Mr. Burtman did me right on this. I am a very, very satisfied customer. Enjoy...
Well I have tried 6 times to get these pictures to upload. The total file size is 98.8KB, but the website tells me I have overshot the 2MB limit. ???
I'll try again later...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Takes away from that industrial look just a bit, but not so much to be overwhelming. And it's durable. worth every penny!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for posting those pics. The lighter color looks good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, that's the medium Birdseye. There is a blonde, but it's too light.
(kinda like Linsey...)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The prep part was the hardest and most frustrating. The actual installation was fun. Patience and a couple of "dry-runs" will help considerable.

For those of you that are going to install something like this and it uses an adhesive to attach (high quality 3M Auto Adhv. is used on Burtmans)
I would advise either NOT applying any 303 or any kind of "protectant" until after you have installed this:

1. With the protectant on, the trim pieces would NOT stay in place and DON'T use any kind of tape, etc to get them on to look at how you want them. The clear coat on these are del-i-cate. Trust me!

2. You won't have to prep using any hard cleaners (I used rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip, damped before using, and the green dye on the dash comes RIGHT OFF!!! Again, Trust me.

Beyond that, I sweated my everloving back-side off (North Texas=HOT no matter where or when!), but this was my birthday present to myself, and I rather enjoyed it. And the installation WAS easy. Burtmans added a couple of "adhesive enhancer" packs to help on a couple of pieces, but you'll do fine. It was worth every single freakin' dime I spent. It looks, well,
AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
That looks custom!! Very well done and thank you for the install tips!
ROC on.
:D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Very, very nice.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just bought the Black wood (the same one in my 02 TL-S Antarcite Blue), will be installing tomorrow and hopefully I'm teck savvy enough to post some pics.

Kam...:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts