Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eying the new ridgeline but am a little put off by the high price, but I think I could swallow it for a lower spec model like the RT-S. I'm really disappointed that honda doesn't offer options on the lower models though, but the main thing I care about that I'd be missing out on are the satellite radio and android auto. But, crutchfield says standard stereos fit so I could always install my own android auto head unit and save thousands over the higher trim ridgelines.

Trying to picture what this would look like though. All the reviews have top level trims and the gallery on Honda's site is also all top level trims. Can anyone share a few shots of their lower trim interiors? I'm curious to see what the dash looks like without the large nav screen and what the cloth interior looks like.

Thanks!

· Registered
392 Posts
I've been eying the new ridgeline but am a little put off by the high price, but I think I could swallow it for a lower spec model like the RT-S. I'm really disappointed that honda doesn't offer options on the lower models though, but the main thing I care about that I'd be missing out on are the satellite radio and android auto. But, crutchfield says standard stereos fit so I could always install my own android auto head unit and save thousands over the higher trim ridgelines.

Trying to picture what this would look like though. All the reviews have top level trims and the gallery on Honda's site is also all top level trims. Can anyone share a few shots of their lower trim interiors? I'm curious to see what the dash looks like without the large nav screen and what the cloth interior looks like.

Thanks!
I was at the dealer the other day and on the floor was a RTS model, as I looked it over I thought this is a very nice vehicle both inside and out. Sure the interior is not leather, but all in all the cloth interior is very nice, the interior does not look cheap in any way. The outside is the same on all Ridgelines with exception the headlights and taillights not LED, but they are very nice looking. I personally think the wheels are better looking on the RTS then those on the RTL and upper models, not including the BE model. The radio system should be able to handle your iphone, or like phone and BlueTooth is there so you should have your phone for navigation and other needed features that your phone can provide. We can get caught up in all the techie things that are out there and it comes at a high price. Personally I could be happy with the RTS model and never look back in buying one, all that techie stuff sounds good, but I do not use 75% of it. Let face it, $6000-$10,000 more dollars spent today for a T,E, BE model will never be worth that over a RTS, 6-8 years from now, tech stuff on today's models will be out of date by them. Can you imagine my 2008 RTL doesn't even have a USB port. For around $32,000 you can get a very nice Ridgeline and be proud of it, I would be.

trainman

https://www.google.com/search?q=201...PAhVMcT4KHZFyCbUQsAQIGw#imgrc=kmvZ9a6z2ek9xM: This is the only interior pic could find of the cloth interior on a RTS, not bad

· Registered
12 Posts
I was at the dealer the other day and on the floor was a RTS model, as I looked it over I thought this is a very nice vehicle both inside and out. Sure the interior is not leather, but all in all the cloth interior is very nice, the interior does not look cheap in any way. The outside is the same on all Ridgelines with exception the headlights and taillights not LED, but they are very nice looking. I personally think the wheels are better looking on the RTS then those on the RTL and upper models, not including the BE model. The radio system should be able to handle your iphone, or like phone and BlueTooth is there so you should have your phone for navigation and other needed features that your phone can provide. We can get caught up in all the techie things that are out there and it comes at a high price. Personally I could be happy with the RTS model and never look back in buying one, all that techie stuff sounds good, but I do not use 75% of it. Let face it, $6000-$10,000 more dollars spent today for a T,E, BE model will never be worth that over a RTS, 6-8 years from now, tech stuff on today's models will be out of date by them. Can you imagine my 2008 RTL doesn't even have a USB port. For around $32,000 you can get a very nice Ridgeline and be proud of it, I would be.

trainman
I agree! This thinking is exactly why I went with the RTL and not the T or E. I wanted the leather and heated seats, otherwise I would have just gone RTS.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm yeah crutchfield says installing a stereo requires custom fabricating a mounting kit, not so ideal. Ugh. Really all I want is an RTS with android auto and xm radio...

There aren't too many other features on my mazda I can't live without. I like the cross traffic alert that warns me if cars are coming when I'm backing out of a parking spot, but I can live without that. The auto door locks when you walk away are nice too but can deal without it. But I really really want satellite radio and android auto. The only other upper spec feature I'm unsure of is the laminated window, given one of my chief complaints about my mazda is the excessive road noise, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes. Pretty sure anything will be quieter than my mazda.

· Registered
441 Posts
Hmmm yeah crutchfield says installing a stereo requires custom fabricating a mounting kit, not so ideal. Ugh. Really all I want is an RTS with android auto and xm radio...

There aren't too many other features on my mazda I can't live without. I like the cross traffic alert that warns me if cars are coming when I'm backing out of a parking spot, but I can live without that. The auto door locks when you walk away are nice too but can deal without it. But I really really want satellite radio and android auto. The only other upper spec feature I'm unsure of is the laminated window, given one of my chief complaints about my mazda is the excessive road noise, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes. Pretty sure anything will be quieter than my mazda.
I use Xm radio app on my phone and Bluetooth it thru the radio and it works great. The Ridgeline is a very quiet vehicle.

· Registered
556 Posts
Crutchfield is incorrect, the mounting kit is available, its identical to the 2016 Pilot - metra 99-7811. What is holding many of us back is that there isn't a comprehensive wiring kit yet. The radio is similar but not exactly the same as the one in the 2016 Civic which has a kit so it's just a matter of time. Actually the wiring pinouts have already been posted, I'm just not willing to cut into the harness on a 2 month old truck.

The thread above has some decent pictures of the cloth interior. I have an RTS with the black cloth, I can take some pictures if you have a specific request

· Registered
556 Posts
As far as the quiet windshield, if you drive an RTS and a higher model back to back, the RTS is marginally noisier. The thing is that as you go up in models more and more insulation is added, the RTL gets more in the doors, the RTL-E gets more on the floor. So it is hard to determine how much quieter just the glass makes the truck.

· Registered
556 Posts
Here are two interior shots of my RTS - excuse the dirt, I was hauling brush and firewood over the weekend.

Note that if you want the black cloth you are forced into Lunar Silver paint. The other options are beige and a two tone gray/black that is a bit polarizing. Modern Steel was my first choice but the Lunar Silver is really growing on me, especially when it looks blue on a clear day or orangish at sunset.

The radio sounds decent and iPod control is OK, but voice control never works correctly (for me) and the graphics on the 5" screen are a little low-tech. The RTS tweeters are a bit 'forward' sounding but OK for stock and there is small sub behind the passenger-side rear seat which won't win an SPL contest but fills the low-end nicely.

I agree with trainman above - the RTS is a really nice truck for the money.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.