Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at between 30 and 40 mph I hear an audible wind whistling noise. All of my windows are up, the sunroof is closed and all of the doors are shut tightly. It is very annoying. Oh, the the back window is closed. Has anyone else experienced this? I open each window a little and the noise is still there. Is it a door seal, perhaps?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also noticed a wind noise on my new Ridgeline.. just recently found that if I close the sunroof shade, the noise disappears.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
First thing I would try is to open and close the sunroof. Sometimes they don't quite seal right. Also, if the windshield has been replaced, might be a bad seal

·
Registered
332 Posts
Lots of threads on this, a common problem.

Check out this thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30811

also use the Google search button to find more.

In my case it was the weatherstripping belt molding on the driver's side window. Others have issues with front windshield or the trim around the third brake light.

In my case the dealer taped up everything and took it on numerous test drives moving the tape around until they located the problem. New molding and some silicone sealant (all under warranty) it was good as new. Shortly after Honda issued a service bulletin related to the window molding. Not sure if other TSB's exist for the other areas.

Welcome to the ROC.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
My only 'wind' complaint is the ocassional 'howl' which is likely the rear brake light seal. It never happens enough for me to do anything about it. But I should, Maybe the next time I bring it in for something more important.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Third brake light?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Third brake light?
At the rear portion of the roof. The clips in the panel that hold that brake light can come loose (drying fans in car washes are one of the ways). If this is the culprit causing the noise, have the dealer replace the clips that hold this panel down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts