Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now that we can anticipate the arrival of a 9.7 inch LED backlit screen that comes with a computer for $499, I'd like to hear some ideas of how Ridgeline owners will integrate these into their systems.

The integration is only made possible (as far as I can imagine) through the Bluetooth technology. The dimensions are...
Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm

After considering a "sling" between the two front headrests and then trying to come up with a flip-down holder concept from the ceiling, I think the most benefit and comfort for the driver and all passengers would be to place the iPad over the head unit.

I know the iPad won't replace a deck/head unit (yet) but for now it will only complement or enhance a current system. With the 3G option and endless applications, I expect the iPad to become a common fixture in vehicles as time and technology advances.

So, please come up with some mounting ideas. This is the first hurdle.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The integration is only made possible (as far as I can imagine) through the Bluetooth technology.
Or through "omni" dock connector.

I know the iPad won't replace a deck/head unit (yet)
Depends on what functionality you're looking for. I wouldn't be opposed to a mount that went in place of my factory head unit. All I'd need to figure out is what power amp/mixing hardware to use and how to control the levels & EQ of same.

- Chip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts