Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,033 Posts
Sound quality with an FM transmitter type bluetooth adapter will be very poor. Don't you have an mini microphone jack AUX input? Get one of these instead
It feeds the sound to your headunit through the aux jack and sound quality will be worlds better than with an FM transmitter.

Screws into your stock nav unit?? Not the way I would have gone but as you say "fast and easy"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This bluetooth unit does both. The sound is about the same from either source. I know in the past "through FM" was poor quality, but it's much better today.
Stock NAVI unit is totally worthless by today's standards.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,033 Posts
This bluetooth unit does both. The sound is about the same from either source. I know in the past "through FM" was poor quality, but it's much better today.
I have upgraded speakers and an external amp powering the signal from my non Navi stock head unit. I haven't tried a FM transmitter type adapter but there is no comparison between FM radio and lossless recordings being piped in through the Kinivio. . .

If you still have stock speakers (particularly the pathetic stock tweeters) I can imagine that you won't hear much difference.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,602 Posts
Maybe worthless to you, but it is not totally worthless. There are ways, for example the Navtool products, to make the outdated navigation be more relevant. I would have to echo the other replies on the imgur; it is rather a crude install.

PS: I would have gladly paid you $100 for that old navigation unit. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disagree that it is a crude install. It's not in any way crude. It looks great in the truck! I finally changed the black cord to a black one. And more importantly it gives me a fully functional computer on my dash. Google maps and Assistant are phenomenal. The OEM NAVI screen is pixelated, low quality (not many pixels per inch), is old (9 yrs old) and very faded, the OEM backup camera is low resolution and doesn't show very well in low light. It is not worth $100. The cheap aftermarket backup camera and screen screen (in the photo it's to the right of the iPad) is one million times better. Navtool is $220 and doesn't even come close to a full iPad install. Having this iPad installed now for 6 month there is no way I would ever go back to CarPlay or any modern installed head unit. My brother has a 2019 Ridgeline with the Honda head unit that has all the options, this iPad is a million times better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe worthless to you, but it is not totally worthless. There are ways, for example the Navtool products, to make the outdated navigation be more relevant. I would have to echo the other replies on the imgur; it is rather a crude install.

PS: I would have gladly paid you $100 for that old navigation unit. :)
Prolly way too late for this, but I’m finally going to upgrade my stock navigation unit. I’d sell it to you for $100..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts