Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

As the title says, my iPhone X Max disconnects from my carplay on my 2018 RTLE. I then need to pull the cable connection and then plug it back in. The connection is reestablished within about 5 seconds. There are days when this does not happen, and then days when it occurs about every 15 minutes. Anyone else having this issue?

I am using an Amazon Basics 6 foot USB cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had this same issue. Ending up being pocket lint in the iphone port. Removed the lint with a toothpick and its worked perfect since then.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 2020 RTL-E and this happens to me all the time. I have to constantly unplug and re-insert the cable. It's annoying as hell. Occasionally, unplugging the cable doesn't work and I have to pull over, turn off the engine and restart it. I am using an iPhone X with an Apple cable.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
I wonder if you deleted and re-paired your iPhone if it may help. Disclaimer: I know nothing about computers and even less about electronics.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
34 Posts
On my 2020 RTL-E CarPlay connection has been somewhat flakey for both my IPhone 11 and wife’s iPhone XS Max. Usually it’s due to crappy/aftermarket cables, but I swapped with oem cable.
The issue we were having wasn’t any disconnect, but sometimes when you try to connect it would not recognize the phone, even once after stopping/starting vehicle. One strange thing seems to be that if my phone wouldn’t recognize, my wife would plug-in her phone and it instantly worked. Then I could plug my phone back in and it was now working again. Similar thing happened in reverse, she said it wouldn’t recognize CarPlay for her phone one two trips, But as soon as I plugged my phone in it worked.

I wonder if there is an infotainment update.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've also had issue with it not recognizing the phone. I would have to go into the phone and unlock it, then it would recognize it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts