Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have "10" Ridgeline RTL - When I plug my Ipod into the jack I only get mono sound out of my speakers, If I adjust mt speaker polarity all the way to the right than I get some "stereo" effect... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I would try another ipod to aux cable - It sounds like the one you have is bad.

I assume that when you use some headphones the sound is good on both ears.

Alternately - take you ipod and cable to he dealer and try them in another RTL - if the sound comes out both sides - you aux jack and/or radio is bad in your RTL. if the sound is the same - it is your cable.

Many cables ( especially the ones that retract ) don't take much to fail. - That is why I added an iSimple for my ipod. - the sound is a lot better than the earphone jack on the ipod can deliver. And you can change songs using the steering wheel controls and see the song title or artist on the radio display.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sounds like a bad cable.
I would try another one as they are cheap.
Also check Ipod with Headphones to make sure it is not the IPOD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the jack is new, which it sounds like it is, also make sure the mini-plug is in the all the way. You get mono when the mini-plug is out even a couple mm.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
All good advice.

If it's plugged all the way in, fiddle with the flexible part right at the back of the plug, and see if it goes stereo. If so, time for a new cable.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Definitely have to watch how far you plug in the cable to the aux jack - it's very tight, and when you think it's plugged in all the way, there's a good chance it isn't... That's the experience I've had in my '09 RTS at least, and I can't think yours would be much different.

- Chip

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,094 Posts
The cable may not be bad... just the wrong type. Look at the end of the cable. Does it have one black band around it or two? One black band means it's a mono cable. Two means it's a stereo cable. It's probably not likely you have a mono cable, but it's a possible problem.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wow - good call. Considering the day & age, I never would have considered that possibility!

- Chip

It's probably not likely you have a mono cable, but it's a possible problem.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,094 Posts
Wow - good call. Considering the day & age, I never would have considered that possibility!

- Chip
Had that problem with my buddy's Sirius radio. We went nuts trying to figure out why sound was only coming out of the left speakers. Came to find out it was a mono cable (mono = left only). It's worth a check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts