Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is the update. I got the system working, sort of. I installed this adapter. I went with this unit in the hopes that I could add the original unplugged male 14 pin connector into this unit's female connector. Well this is how it went: after unplugging the 14 pin connector closest to main bus connector (refer to this post), I plugged in the BlitzSafe unit and I left the car's unplugged 14 pin connector unplugged. I turned on the HU and it worked!!! I pushed the CD/AUX button twice and "CDC" appeared on the LCD screen and I could hear my iPod playing (sounds a thousand times better than the FM transmitter I was using before). Of course since I had the car's connector unplugged, the XM was not working. I then went ahead and plugged the car's male 14 pin connector into the female connector of the adapter and turned on the radio...nothing...I pressed the XM button a few times and I even held it a few seconds...nothing. So, I put everything back together. Right now I have a functioning radio without XM but I have my iPod working. My objective is to get the XM working again...I will keep investigating the possibilites out there. So for those with an RTL w/ SR and XM, you can add an auxiliary adapter to the radio but you will lose XM. I did not post any pictures because the previous post I referred to had good ones. :cool:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies. This product does the same thing. If you read the description carefully, you need to disconnect the XM connection. My ideal solution would be to preserve my existing radio's functions (i.e. FM/AM, CD Changer and XM) and add my iPod. This solution appears to be a difficult one...but, I will keep researching. :cool:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Here is the reply I received today from neocaraudio concerning their iPod product.

Yes it is compatible, as long as you don't have the navigation system in
your car. To order, please call me direct as the vehicle hasn't been added
to the website b.c its so new.

Best Regards,

Logan Fox
Sales Manager
Phone: 858-689-4141 ext 113
www.mp3yourcar.com
Call me directly to place your order and speed up the processing time.

Bummer, I am getting the NAVI model.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zero said:
Bummer, I am getting the NAVI model.
I have not found an after market auxiliary adapter that will work with Navi and/or XM. I think the solution will be hard to find. I've looked at other Honda and Acura forums and there are no solutions out there. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
bongus said:
I have not found an after market auxiliary adapter that will work with Navi and/or XM. I think the solution will be hard to find. I've looked at other Honda and Acura forums and there are no solutions out there. :cool:

OH, BOY. This blows my assumption that the iPod can simply plug into the AUX jack that comes on the NAVI system. Is this untrue? We upgraded to NAVI specifically to be iPod ready with the added benefits that NAVI will provide. Of course there was no RTL NAVI available for us to test drive and the Pilot with NAVI did not have the AUX jack.

Anyone out there with a NAVI and an iPod?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truckin' said:
Anyone out there with a NAVI and an iPod?
Hello Truckin'...Sorry about the confusion. You are safe with the AUX input that comes with the Navi. Just be ware that you cannot control the functions of the iPod with that input. My situation is different in that, I do not have Navi and thus no AUX input but, my headunit has the AUX button...go figure. What I am trying to accomplish is a way to preserve all my existing radio functions and add an auxiliary input so that I can play my iPod. So far, I am able to play my iPod with the device I purchased but I lost my XM function. Again sorry about the confusion. :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
bongus said:
Okay here is the update. I got the system working, sort of. I installed this adapter. I went with this unit in the hopes that I could add the original unplugged male 14 pin connector into this unit's female connector. Well this is how it went: after unplugging the 14 pin connector closest to main bus connector (refer to this post), I plugged in the BlitzSafe unit and I left the car's unplugged 14 pin connector unplugged. I turned on the HU and it worked!!! I pushed the CD/AUX button twice and "CDC" appeared on the LCD screen and I could hear my iPod playing (sounds a thousand times better than the FM transmitter I was using before). Of course since I had the car's connector unplugged, the XM was not working. I then went ahead and plugged the car's male 14 pin connector into the female connector of the adapter and turned on the radio...nothing...I pressed the XM button a few times and I even held it a few seconds...nothing. So, I put everything back together. Right now I have a functioning radio without XM but I have my iPod working. My objective is to get the XM working again...I will keep investigating the possibilites out there. So for those with an RTL w/ SR and XM, you can add an auxiliary adapter to the radio but you will lose XM. I did not post any pictures because the previous post I referred to had good ones. :cool:
Well done Bongus! When I installed the Aux adapter on my TSX w/Navi it did not work the first time either. I had to start the car..turn it off..start it again and the Aux started to work. Bama

·
Registered
492 Posts
bongus said:
Any adapter updates? I would like to plug in to the AUX and keep my factory XM in my RTL (no navigation).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been checking into this I also have an RTL R/S no navigation. In my old chevy truck I had installed a kenwood head unit and a 10 disc changer. I went to this site www.installer.com and they had a harness that interupted the changer signal with an auxillary input. When my mp3 player was on I pushed the changer button on my head unit and I would hear the mp3 player play, when the mp3 player was off I had the functions of my changer. It was an easy install too. Basically the harness plugged into the back of the head unit and the changer plugged into the harness and on the harness it had 2 rca inputs that plugged into my 2 into one cable that plugs straight into my mp3 player. I wrote the owner of this business and he says they just installed one in a ridgeline this past week. The part he recommends is HON03-PC-SON made by P.I.E. electronics. I have yet to order one at this time. I've been checking the forums out lately about this and speaking to the dealership about the aux port. I just purchased my truck this past saturaday and I already miss my hard wired mp3 player, the fm modulation sucks..... Again here is the site for the harness http://www.installer.com/aux/index.html I'm gonna order one sometime this week and give it a try. If the stock stereo has the aux port and nothing is plugged into it, I know this adapter will work. Thus you shouldn't loose your XM radio feature. I don't have and Ipod, however I do own a creative labs zen xtra 2.0 60gb mp3 player that I've aslo upgraded the harddrive to 100gb with over 14500 songs on it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You shouldn't lose your XM, but others here have said that you do. Search the posts for details.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
superbikedon said:
Thus you shouldn't loose your XM radio feature.
You will lose your XM feature if you try and add any of the auxiliary input adapters. The auxiliary input adapters require you to disonnect the XM connector. At this time there does not appear to be a work around available on the market. I guess you can customize some type of switch but this would be a lot of work. If someone knows differently please post your results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts