Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 OBP RTL modless
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was wondering if it was possible to swap my stocks over to black rhino boxers 17x8 +12mm and wanted to see if I can get some answers. Are there any concerns with going to a much lower offset? What possible tire sizes would work with a lift and without one. Or should I find another wheel with a little more offset? Thanks in advance.

black rhino boxer

·
Registered
2017 OBP RTL modless
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it’s doable without a lift? Let’s say I run 265/60/17 AT tires I shouldn’t have to worry about any rubbing issues? Thanks.

+12mm over stock? That shouldn't be a problem. The new HPD wheels are +10mm over the previous years.
The stock wheels are +55, so those wheels will stick out 43mm over your factory wheels.

Mike

·
Registered
2017 OBP RTL modless
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the mix up but I did read that the new hpd wheels were +45mm. Although the BR boxers offset is et12, would it be a problem having such a drastic change in offsets?

+12mm over stock? That shouldn't be a problem. The new HPD wheels are +10mm over the previous years.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Tirerack.com advisors sometimes recommend staying within 5 mm of stock offset to avoid any possible problems. That's very conservative and many ROCers have dropped to wheels with 45-35 mm offsets without apparent issues. However, I don't recall reading about anyone going as low as 12 mm offset on a G2 RL.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any rub will most likely be more a result of overall tire diameter, ie. tire sizing. The +12 offset will poke the wheels out 43 mm over your stock setup.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I’m at + 30 and the tires are visually at the edge. Any more offset and they would be sticking out. When I first did it, thought it was too extreme but now think it looks perfect (wheels are the same brand and specs as the SEMA Ridgeline). My old Sport Trac stuck out past the edge of the fenders and I hated it. Wouldn’t go below 30 but that’s just my 2 cents.
19CC3C8D-3DFE-4FE9-84AB-1FBE07AACE18.jpeg
4EAFAB3A-F67C-46E3-8125-FC0250C0BD30.jpeg

Reactions: FerioEH and Dog

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I’m at + 30 and the tires are visually at the edge. Any more offset and they would be sticking out. When I first did it, thought it was too extreme but now think it looks perfect (wheels are the same brand and specs as the SEMA Ridgeline). My old Sport Trac stuck out past the edge of the fenders and I hated it. Wouldn’t go below 30 but that’s just my 2 cents.
Looks good. I assume the wheels are 8" width. What size are your tires? Any rubbing at all?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hey all,

I was wondering if it was possible to swap my stocks over to black rhino boxers 17x8 +12mm and wanted to see if I can get some answers. Are there any concerns with going to a much lower offset? What possible tire sizes would work with a lift and without one. Or should I find another wheel with a little more offset? Thanks in advance.

black rhino boxer
I find this site a great tool for figuring this kind of stuff out. Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets All it takes is a little time to get accurate measurements of your chassis to fill in the clearances. The more accurate you can be the easier it is to see if s given setup will fit, rub or stick out. (y)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks good. I assume the wheels are 8" width. What size are your tires? Any rubbing at all?
NICHE Alpine D one piece forged rims (20 X 8.5) and 265/50/20 Michelin Premiers. No rubbing to speak of (had a slight rub when turning in the beginning but after 3 years it’s gone away). And I misspoke about the SEMA Ridgeline. Same wheel but they were 22” with 40 series tires; I wanted 50 series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts