Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to get my new plates for my Ridgeline at the DMV, I ran into a little problem. I picked out my plates and had all the paperwork done and was making out my check, when the gal behind the counter said, " is that Honda a truck?" I told her yes it's a truck. It was her first Honda truck. We than had to start over with different plates and I had to make out a new check for a different amount.

manonkind

·
Premium Member
17,039 Posts
When I went to get my new plates for my Ridgeline at the DMV, I ran into a little problem. I picked out my plates and had all the paperwork done and was making out my check, when the gal behind the counter said, " is that Honda a truck?" I told her yes it's a truck. It was her first Honda truck. We than had to start over with different plates and I had to make out a new check for a different amount.

manonkind
Should have said...."It's whatever one is cheaper honey"

·
Registered
954 Posts
Same here, the Ridge was so new it wasn't even categorized in the insurance data base.:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me when getting my plate. Two of the ladies at the DMV were debating if it was a truck or a car. The description on the paper work from Honda said the body style was a 4 door. I guess that was throwing them off. After a couple of phone calls they proclaimed it was a truck!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What Keith say!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts

manonkind
When I got my plates, they knew it was a truck. I also had checked to find out if the plates were cheaper if it was a farm truck, no luck there. :( Pain was the same if it's a car, truck, farm truck. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay any city sales tax.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts