Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my concern may sound ridiculous but I thought it would make sense to put vinyl conditioner on the vinyl and leather conditioner on the leather.
I can look at my interior and guess what is leather and what is vinyl. However, I do not know for sure. Once I inquired, I realized that nobody else seems to KNOW the answer either.
I stopped at the dealer and was given conflicting answers from the service mgr, new car sales mgr, parts dep't and detail shop mgr. "It's ALL leather, Only the part you touch, The headrest is, The headrest is not, The middle is leather, The sides are, The sides are not".
I called Honda 3 times to receive 3 very different answers that were similar to the above. What a JOKE! :eek:
I guess I will stop at an auto upholstery shop, the guy who answered the phone said he could look at it and tell me????
Also, several "panels" to consider, maybe at least ALL the "light gray/light gray with holes" is leather???
Unless of course, one of you knows the answer to this confusion??? :D
And of course another option is to just put the "same conditioning/cleaner crap" on everything!

Steering Wheel: I assume this IS; as the manual :rolleyes: says it is leather.
Front Door Armrest:
Rear Door Armrest:
Front Center Armrest:
Rear Center Armrest:
Headrests:
Rear Center Headrest:
Front Seats:
Rear Seats:

·
Registered
578 Posts
seating surface is leather
door inserts wouldn't be, parts behind the front seat aren't. I think the head rests are probably NOT leather.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went out and looked at it closely.
Then rub the surface in question vigourously and smell, you can tell the difference between leather and vinyl.
This is my take on the various surfaces.

Steering Wheel: Leather
Front Door Armrest: Leather
Rear Door Armrest: Leather
Front Center Armrest: Leather
Rear Center Armrest: Leather Top Surface, Vinyl side panels
Headrest sides and back: Vinyl
Headrest center with holes: Leather
Rear Center Headrest: Vinyl
Front Seat Center with Holes: Leather
Front Seat Side Top Panels w/o Holes: Leather
Front Seat Side Side Panels and Back: Vinyl
Rear Seat Center with Holes: Leather
Rear Seat Side Top Panels: Leather
Rear Seat Side Side Panels: Vinyl
Rear Seat Center (Under Armrest): Vinyl

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LateMarch,
Your sense of smell comes pretty close to confirming my "guess" of what is what. Thanks for the input. I'll probably go outside and smell my seats tomorrow. :)

***I really think "T Mac" should give a free prize ("tailgate camera and installation") to whoever can accurately identify every single panel as vinyl or leather! :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Simple rule of thumb for combo leather/vinyl seating:

***Use leather dressing for everything.***

Stay away from that vinyl dressing stuff (many contain silicones).

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
19 Posts
06RTLNAVBlue said:
LateMarch,
Your sense of smell comes pretty close to confirming my "guess" of what is what. Thanks for the input. I'll probably go outside and smell my seats tomorrow. :)
Of course you should go out and smell your seats!..........
After all why should dogs have all the fun? ;)
And of course they smell much better when new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keoni said:
Simple rule of thumb for combo leather/vinyl seating:

***Use leather dressing for everything.***

Stay away from that vinyl dressing stuff (many contain silicones).

Aloha,
Keoni
I've always been a big fan of the ArmorAll Low Gloss for the vinyl surfaces.
What do you think of that stuff? Anything better out there? :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used ArmorAll for years, a friend told about this one (303 Aerospace Protectant) I'am hooked on it shows less dust than ArmourAll which I find more oily. It cost more but feel that it's worth it.
http://www.303products.com/
LateMarch said:
I've always been a big fan of the ArmorAll Low Gloss for the vinyl surfaces.
What do you think of that stuff? Anything better out there? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ridge Man said:
I used ArmorAll for years, a friend told about this one (303 Aerospace Protectant) I'am hooked on it shows less dust than ArmourAll which I find more oily. It cost more but feel that it's worth it.
http://www.303products.com/
Thanks for the link, I sent off for the free trial packets.
But is it non shiney? I hate shiney vinyl inside my vehicles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
303 I've found is more of a matte finish, I've used it for years on my dash and trim b/c of it's hugh UV protection. I've never used it on my leather though. I currently use Lexol products but may step up to leatherique if I feel like spending some cash.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree with Latemarch's assesment of what is and isn't leather. I recently applied a leather protective cream to all surfaces. My supplier said you would actually feel a texture difference when you hit the vinyl, but to cover it anyway. It did not shine the leather, but did seem to deepen/darken the look very slightly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts