Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is it possible to siphon gas from Gen 2 Ridgeline?
I’m just guessing, but if you take the funnel used for poring gas from a can, insert it, then run a siphon hose through it, it should be possible.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m just guessing, but if you take the funnel used for poring gas from a can, insert it, then run a siphon hose through it, it should be possible.
I believe the RL comes with a special funnel designed to interface with anti-tamper fuel systems. A lot of cars/trucks nowadays have anti-siphoning features.

It should be located in the tray with the spare.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why the heck would anyone siphon gas when it costs like $2.75/gallon? I wouldn't care if it was $100/gallon I wouldn't want gasoline in my mouth.

That being said I do remember that someone siphoned gas from our 70s Chevy Impala when I was a kid.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Or maybe he's getting poor mileage and suspects someone is stealing gas from his G2? (Oh wait, they'd have to break open the gas filler door...nevermind.)

Remember that practical joke about siphoning gas from a co-worker's car for a week and then adding gas the next week? The victim can't figure out why he's getting such terrible gas mileage and then suddenly the car seems to run on air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts