Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of trading in or selling my 2017 and get a 2019. I almost did not buy a 2017 because of lack of a back window that opens. But I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway. Love the truck but still hate not having a back window to open. Did they make any improvements like the back doors opening wider or accessory ports staying on when the truck is off? Is the 2019 so different that it will make me want it? Maybe wait till 2020?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,893 Posts
I am thinking of trading in or selling my 2017 and get a 2019. I almost did not buy a 2017 because of lack of a back window that opens. But I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway. Love the truck but still hate not having a back window to open. Is the 2019 so different that it will make me want it? Maybe wait till 2020?
If you don't mind getting around $29K for your 2017 and paying around $36K for the RTL-T or $38-39K for the RTL-E, then by all means trade up. You are approaching inflated government contractor prices at $6K for a back window and moon roof.:grin: However, if that is what you want to do then go for it. We do need a little more info on the trim levels involved in your transaction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I guess some more information would be helpful regarding your current trim and desired trim. I would assume that you bought a T or lower trim 2017, AWD or FWD. Are you looking to stay in that same trim or bump up to E or Black? I traded in a 2017 RTL-T FWD for a 2019 RTL-E (AWD obviously). I thought they offered a great trade in value, every dealer wanted to put a 2017 mint Ridge on their lot (They listed mine for $32,500). I put 32k miles on it in 1 year. It was important for me to have a sliding window for transport of 16' trim and I wanted AWD towing specs to upgrade my boat size. All said and done I traded in FWD T with 32k miles for 2019 E for around $11k. I figure the AWD and trim upgrade are around $4-5k which means I essentially leased the T for around $6k for the year ($500 per month with a LOT of miles) and paid $0 for service as the first 3 were included in the sale.
Side note- The dealership had crashed my T during a service and cut me a check for a few thousand dollars earlier in the year and that same dealer took it back in on trade.

Anyway hope that was helpful.

·
Registered
926 Posts
In the same boat, I would like the roof and back window, also AWD. I am guilty of impulse buying my RTL-T.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
Personally I would wait for the refresh...at least see what the refreshed Pilot offers for a 2020 vehicle....I take it they'll change the radio, front fascia look, side mirrors turn signal indicators..and on the Ridgeline when refreshed, they'll have the Honda Sense further down the trim lines.

·
Administrator
20,050 Posts
For 2018
- RT AWD and RTS trims discontinued
+ Sport trim now available in silver and white

For 2019
+ RT, Sport, and RTL gained a second USB port
+ RTL and RTL-T gained a standard power sliding rear window and moonroof
+ Fuel filler cover added to fuel door to address freezing issues (can be added to earlier models)
+ Addition of a high-tone horn to the existing low-tone like Canadian models

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ironic how some of us purposely bought the lower model to avoid the moonroof/sliding window. Here in the wet coast moonroof allows more rain in, the sliding window looks ugly compared to one piece rear windshield. To each their own.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Well I guess some more information would be helpful regarding your current trim and desired trim. I would assume that you bought a T or lower trim 2017, AWD or FWD. Are you looking to stay in that same trim or bump up to E or Black? I traded in a 2017 RTL-T FWD for a 2019 RTL-E (AWD obviously). I thought they offered a great trade in value, every dealer wanted to put a 2017 mint Ridge on their lot (They listed mine for $32,500). I put 32k miles on it in 1 year. It was important for me to have a sliding window for transport of 16' trim and I wanted AWD towing specs to upgrade my boat size. All said and done I traded in FWD T with 32k miles for 2019 E for around $11k. I figure the AWD and trim upgrade are around $4-5k which means I essentially leased the T for around $6k for the year ($500 per month with a LOT of miles) and paid $0 for service as the first 3 were included in the sale.
Side note- The dealership had crashed my T during a service and cut me a check for a few thousand dollars earlier in the year and that same dealer took it back in on trade.

Anyway hope that was helpful.
The Dealership loves you.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Personally I would wait for the refresh...at least see what the refreshed Pilot offers for a 2020 vehicle....I take it they'll change the radio, front fascia look, side mirrors turn signal indicators..and on the Ridgeline when refreshed, they'll have the Honda Sense further down the trim lines.
The 2018 Pilot wasn't released until December 2017 despite very few changes. However, many Pilot watchers are expecting the 2019 Pilot to be a refreshed model, whenever it is released. Rumors are circulating about an updated infotainment system, a new more aggressive front clip and possibly the 10AT on top trims. Regardless, I agree that the refreshed Pilot will hold good clues for where the refreshed Ridgeline will be going.

·
Registered
Silver 2020 RTL-E
113 Posts
Without reading anyone else's response so far my opinion is, it's not worth the upgrade until they put knobs on the da** HU. They could put an Acura twin turbo V6 in this years model with 500hp from the NSX and I STILL wouldn't upgrade if the HU was still lacking knobs. Over the top? yeah, but its my opinion so who cares.

·
Registered
238 Posts
On the "other" Ridgeline forum, the fellow that works for Honda in Alabama said that a "pleasant surprise" would be coming in the Summer. He wouldn't elaborate. I'm waiting until the summer to see what comes down!

·
Registered
340 Posts
On the "other" Ridgeline forum, the fellow that works for Honda in Alabama said that a "pleasant surprise" would be coming in the Summer. He wouldn't elaborate. I'm waiting until the summer to see what comes down!
I wonder if honda finally "figured out" how to make the rear doors open wider....... ; )

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Does anyone really think their will be that much of a face lift in the near future. Im still drivin an early "06" RTS and am on the fence of installing a new radiator and a full brake job if I keep it.
I think Honda will keep going the way they have been which means MPGs. Trump is trying to lacks the MPGs for future vehicles but dont think Honda or any others wont drive for a better goal,which means lighter weight and even more stream line.
Why doesnt Honda just build another truck, they can still have their RTL caruck or RTL suvuck but just build another different truck, Im sure it would be great.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Another RL forum??? Please provide details.... send my PM if this is not permitted on ROC.

Paul.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,893 Posts
Another RL forum??? Please provide details.... send my PM if this is not permitted on ROC.

Paul.
That other forum is on FB, not related to this one. It is a closed group, by invitation only.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2019's are already at dealers I believe or at some anyway. Here in the Phoenix area there are a few with new ones. The exterior looks the same to me.........

·
Registered
129 Posts
Knobs are for knobs. KnobLESS is the best feature ever. Tell the darn passengers to STOP fracking around with the entertainment system. The steering wheel control works great. NO KNOBS required.

Wonder with the 2020/new model this Japanese company will continue to mess up US buyers. They must luv us Canadians cause our model line seems to be exactly what the US buyers want.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts