Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Like is said, parlor trick. Probably use it like I use my RTL-E's external speakers. Tried them once.
Once?!? I use them every time I wash my truck.

So, like 3 times……

Gusto!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
170 Posts
Anyone seen hard data about the weight of the R1T? Electric Vehicles are notorious for being heavier than their Gasoline competition. I'm guessing it's so heavy that it may negatively impact it's off road performance in some situations. As for sports car cornering...road hugging weight is usually not an advantage. Payload also takes a hit and Tire wear will be more aggressive. These are the dirty secrets of Electric Trucks and Electric Vehicles in general for now. Maybe some light weight power dense Batteries are on the horizon?

The Tank Turn issue should be solvable using an Inertial Sensor Chip...if they can find one!!!??? Caterpillar Skid Steers can do Tank Turn all day long!...in fact I've done it.

Otherwise the R1T has some compelling virtues but not enough to make me want to buy one. Still liking my RL best.

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline RT
426 Posts
Anyone seen hard data about the weight of the R1T? Electric Vehicles are notorious for being heavier than their Gasoline competition. I'm guessing it's so heavy that it may negatively impact it's off road performance in some situations. As for sports car cornering...road hugging weight is usually not an advantage. Payload also takes a hit and Tire wear will be more aggressive. These are the dirty secrets of Electric Trucks and Electric Vehicles in general for now. Maybe some light weight power dense Batteries are on the horizon?

The Tank Turn issue should be solvable using an Inertial Sensor Chip...if they can find one!!!??? Caterpillar Skid Steers can do Tank Turn all day long!...in fact I've done it.

Otherwise the R1T has some compelling virtues but not enough to make me want to buy one. Still liking my RL best.
It's somewhere between 6-7k lbs which is heavy compared to a midsize but pretty comparable to full size trucks. I'm not expecting it to corner like a corvette or anything but it will corner better than any other truck with 6+ inches of lift and 14 inches of ground clearance

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,849 Posts
It's somewhere between 6-7k lbs which is heavy compared to a midsize but pretty comparable to full size trucks. I'm not expecting it to corner like a corvette or anything but it will corner better than any other truck with 6+ inches of lift and 14 inches of ground clearance
Not what I have seen . . . Curb weight is projected (based on GVWR between 8 and 9k lbs and a payload of capacity of 1700 lbs) as being between 6300 to 7300lbs. For the F150 supercrew cab the curb weight range is 4500 - 5000. Maybe a bit heavier for Ram1500 and Chevy but not much. SO . . .That puts the Rivian between 1300 and 2300lbs heavier than a (heavier model) F150 full size.
Weight wise, I wouldn't call that comparable.

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline RT
426 Posts
Not what I have seen . . . Curb weight is projected (based on GVWR between 8 and 9k lbs and a payload of capacity of 1700 lbs) as being between 6300 to 7300lbs. For the F150 supercrew cab the curb weight range is 4500 - 5000. Maybe a bit heavier for Ram1500 and Chevy but not much. SO . . .That puts the Rivian between 1300 and 2300lbs heavier than a (heavier model) F150 full size.
Weight wise, I wouldn't call that comparable.
I stand corrected on the comparison to half tons, I thought they were heavier.

I stand by that it will still handle on road better than any vehicle with comparable ground clearance despite weight

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,849 Posts
I stand corrected on the comparison to half tons, I thought they were heavier.

I stand by that it will still handle on road better than any vehicle with comparable ground clearance despite weight
The half ton truck market is lucrative, competitive and has the manufacturers putting in a ton of money into development. Weight savings has been a big part of their recent focus. BTW, Ridgeline is pretty porky for a midsizer at 4500lbs

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
258 Posts
Can curb weight be a concern for off-roading with that thing, like avoid the sand traps when doing donuts on your local golf course green?

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
Heck, if you are doing donuts on the golf course green you have bigger problems than worrying about the weight of the truck !

21 - 28 of 28 Posts