Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that it's early in the game. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the 2021 Ridgeline's wireless charging. I have a 2019 RTL-E and i's like to add it if I could. Also, does anyone know if the wireless charging is also wireless Apple CarPlay.

Thanks in advance. If this was answered in an earlier post, I looked and couldn't find it.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
1. It can't be added to older models. The charger not only receives power from, but communicates with the vehicle as well. There's no wiring or support for the charger on models without the feature. See this thread:

2. The 2021 Ridgeline appears to have wireless charging only - there's no mention of wireless Apple CarPlay. The first and only Honda model with wireless Apple CarPlay so far is the 2021 Accord. Honda specifically mentioned wireless Apple CarPlay in the 2021 Accord's press release.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
UPDATE. The wireless charging accessory CAN be added to the 2021 Sport and RTL trims, but not to 2017-2020 models.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is possible to add the OEM charger to the pre-21 models. I am waiting on a couple of parts, and will revise my how to once it is done. Mine is in and has been working for a couple of weeks now.

Here is the original thread: Adding Pilot wireless charger to 2017-2020 RL

·
Registered
2021 Lunar Silver Utility Package Ridgeline
26 Posts
Following. So my 2021 sport can have it? I was going to start a thread about this but im glad someone did.

By any chance can i add a tailgate outlet also? Just the lil things.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Following. So my 2021 sport can have it? I was going to start a thread about this but im glad someone did.

By any chance can i add a tailgate outlet also? Just the lil things.
The part number for the wireless charger accessory for the 2021 Ridgeline Sport and RTL is 08U58-TG7.

There is no factory solution for adding the AC outlet - there are several components required and major differences in the wiring harnesses on trim so equipped.

·
Registered
2021 Lunar Silver Utility Package Ridgeline
26 Posts
The part number for the wireless charger accessory for the 2021 Ridgeline Sport and RTL is 08U58-TG7.

There is no factory solution for adding the AC outlet - there are several components required and major differences in the wiring harnesses on trim so equipped.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,031 Posts
One more reason for me to save some money and purchase a 2021 RTL.

Reactions: Redheart

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently just purchased my '21 Honda Ridgeline Sport. I was a little shocked it doesn't have the wireless charger. Can one be put in?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Some have installed Pilots system in Ridgeline for an integrated look. Not sure if works on 2021:

Here is the cheaper and easier way. Fits nicely in the area forward of shifter and works well.

Wireless Charger car Wireless Charging pad Wireless qi Phone Charging Charger pad for car Fast Wireless car Charger Wireless Phone Charger Charging Station 10W Thin Galaxy Note10/S10/S9/S8(C3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GZZX37...abc_YW05T0RVGFZ9CS30EY84?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,031 Posts
I recently just purchased my '21 Honda Ridgeline Sport. I was a little shocked it doesn't have the wireless charger. Can one be put in?
You can install the wireless charger into the 2021 Sport, but it is not worth the expense. As others have mentioned, the phone will lose connection with the charging pad repeatedly.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
^ Yep - what he said. Honda offers the wireless charger as an accessory for the 2021 Ridgeline, but it's a sick joke. The one in my 2021 RTL-E won't charge either my iPhone XS Max or my AirPods for more than a few seconds without "erroring out". Unfortunately, that's a common theme. Honda is having problems with many of its wireless chargers. Several months ago, they admitted this, but there's still no fix.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Pacific Pewter
29 Posts
My S21 and that of my wife will not charge for more than a minute or two at a time and then loose contact with the charger in my 2021 RTL-E.
my S9 barely charges....trash feature and tbh I am not happy. Everything on this vehicle has been exceptional but this needs to be fixed or replaced with something that actually works as advertised.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone used one of the wireless CarPlay dongles? I've been watching some honda owners have success with them. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ridgeline. Pacific Pewter. Purchased on 2/5/2021!
49 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I just got my '21 with wireless charging. First time I used it, the phone seemed really hot. I also had it plugged in for CarPlay. Since it is usually plugged in. i'm guessing that will turn it off (yes you can-do in vehicle settings) or lay my phone in the tray sideways, so it doesn't come one. Anyone else notice the same problem??

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Lunar Silver Metallic
662 Posts
I just got my '21 with wireless charging. First time I used it, the phone seemed really hot. I also had it plugged in for CarPlay. Since it is usually plugged in. i'm guessing that will turn it off (yes you can-do in vehicle settings) or lay my phone in the tray sideways, so it doesn't come one. Anyone else notice the same problem??
Your phone was likely charging through the USB wired connection.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts