Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering buying a set of 4 tires and rims. I would like one for a full size spare, however I don't want the other three. The 4 are going to cost me around $600. Is there any interest in the other 3, price would be around $150 a peice plus actual shipping from 080 zip code. Let me know, I only have a few days to decide if I want to nuy the set and I really don't want 3 extra tires.:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Alloy rims, I assume? (I have steel rims on my RT.)
Have you checked ebay for singles? Maybe you don't need to buy all four.

·
Registered
668 Posts
NJ-RTL said:
I am considering buying a set of 4 tires and rims. I would like one for a full size spare, however I don't want the other three. The 4 are going to cost me around $600. Is there any interest in the other 3, price would be around $150 a peice plus actual shipping from 080 zip code. Let me know, I only have a few days to decide if I want to nuy the set and I really don't want 3 extra tires.:)
The price is ok, I bought a used Wheel (No TPMS) on ebay for $50.00 and mounted a continenatal full tire for 110, and could not fine a better price on a tire to be used soley as a spare.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer that will sell the tires to me took off the TPMS. The tires are in good shape only a 100 or 200 miles on them. No damage to rims. Rims are what I would call painted silver/gray, I beleive they are the standard rim on most fo the trucks including mine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am interested in one tire and wheel set. Is there damage of any kind to the rim or tire? Are the tires standard equipment Michelin LTX? Are these the wheels that are standard equipment alloy on the RTS and RTL models or the standard equipment steel on the RT?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry all, I decided not to buy the tires. The dealer would only see me all 4 (don't blame him) and at $150 each I just didn't want to get stuck with extras.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
NJ-RTL said:
Sorry all, I decided not to buy the tires. The dealer would only see me all 4 (don't blame him) and at $150 each I just didn't want to get stuck with extras.
Noticing how you're up north, have you considered buying 4 wheels and putting on snow/ice/winter tires and using one of them for a spare during the summer, then in winter, put your 4 winter tires on and using one of the wheels with the stock tire for a spare? Perhaps the standard tires are OK for northern winters, so this may not be the best way to go, but just an idea.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I just saw your post about the full size set and I would have definitely been interested. I live in NYC area, but work in Jersey City and would have picked up directly from you if you want to reconsider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts