Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted $26,237.16 for the RT. I'm in NE Ohio (if that makes any difference). Is this a good deal or could I do better? Thanks so much!

Gretchen

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We are heading up to Cleveland for a test drive on Thursday!

·
Registered
46 Posts
sounds good............ :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
At this point, due to the availability and popularity of the Ridgeline, a price that is at or slightly below the sticker is good. Out here in California some dealers are trying to sell Ridgelines for $2k over sticker. I got mine for about $500 under only after walking out and calling the dealer back to check a couple of times. Had to fight over trade in too, naturally.

·
Registered
561 Posts
In my opinion, you ought to be able to buy the vehicle for invoice plus $500. You will find numerous postings to that effect on this site, along with strategies to get that price.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It totally depends on where you live. The market is all over the place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid $25,400ish for my RT. But I live in Southern California, so my market is completely different.

But www.carsdirect.com has the RT for $26,237. I thought that was a good price until I asked for quotes from the internet dealers in my area. I had 2 or 3 quotes that were right around $500 over invoice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got my silver RTL w/ Moonroof, leather, XM for 29K. Pretty good I thought.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gretchen said:
I was quoted $26,237.16 for the RT. I'm in NE Ohio (if that makes any difference). Is this a good deal or could I do better? Thanks so much!

Gretchen
I have been on the trail for a while and each time the price goes lower. Im in California and I just got a price for an RT of $22,900 and $650 for the tow package, plus tax and license. You could do the tow package yourself for half the price..

Good luck..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't forget to start you negotiations form the invocie not the MSRP.

You can ofen purchase at or below invocie because delears get:
1. Factory to dealer incentive money (should be $2,000 on Ridgleine for May).

2. Hold back money a prcentage of the MSRP used to finance their inventory.

3. They make a ton of dough on the accessories and warrenties (lot's for room for negotiaon there.

4. They will try and steal your trade in, make shure to check Kelly Blue Book for suggested trade in value and what the retial value is.

5. They will often deal more aggresively at the end of the month if they are trying to meet a sales goal.

8. Never buy on the first vist to the dealer, they will be more motivated to deal when you are comming from a position of calm and kowledge. don't submit to pressure, or emotion. Let them know you expect a good deal, and will be back for service, accesories and recommend other buyers. They deserve a profit but not at the expense of your feeling taken or used.

Make sure you check the build date on the lower inside edge of drivers door frame. Let's you know how long they have had it. Longer than 3 months and they should be anxious to get it off the lot (it's costing money to keep it there).

PS a later build date say after 9/05 will help avoid some of the early manufacturing defects that others have reported here.

Check this site often it has a tons of information and assistance from good people on buying, operating, repairs, TSB's, MODS, and just plain good info.

Good Luck!

You'll enjoy the Ridgline, I'm having my roof rack installed today :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts