Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I am not afraid of vehicles with a little higher mileage but I have to know about their maintenance. At about 150,000 miles my maintenance file for my Ridge was about 3" thick. I kind of judge them on their maintenance files. I still have everything on mine except for car washes. If you would want to know where I gassed up at 251,000 miles, I can show you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow Feetdry that's impressive and extremely rare these days. Generally I'm not afraid of cars with high miles I'm just more familiar with subarus at this point so I know what can go wrong with them and what to look for besides the basics. Still fairly new to Hondas but I find my odyssey to be an exceptional vehicle hence the possible move to Honda for my daily. You guys on this site all seem great to so bigger push to Honda!

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Yeah too much salt on the roads in the winter. I've scraped a forester I had cause of rot. It was like they used several thin sheets of metal over top of each other to make the frame so when rust started to show the car was a goner. I live north of Pittsburgh PA in Butler. I've been using Autotrader, Craigslist and even Ebay crazy enough. Don't do Facebook but wife does so maybe she'll run into one.
Well that certainly makes helping you search a little easier. I'm in Moon Twp. by the airport.

There aren't a whole lot of options close, but I saw the one you were looking at - Baierl Honda. I've not heard great things about that dealership, so you're probably better off. Here is one in Cleveland listed for just under $9000:

You could probably do some dealing on it. It's a near twin to what I have but mine is grey. Looks to be a very good condition (minus the shoddy patch on the drivers seat) and clean.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I am not afraid of vehicles with a little higher mileage but I have to know about their maintenance. At about 150,000 miles my maintenance file for my Ridge was about 3" thick. I kind of judge them on their maintenance files. I still have everything on mine except for car washes. If you would want to know where I gassed up at 251,000 miles, I can show you.
I agree, and sometimes I am more suspicious of how long a super low mileage vehicle has just sat drying out and being ignored. I think it's a matter of age and miles, with the most important thing being the maintenance history. I too keep a book in the car with the maintenance history and could tell you how many gallons and the $ of the fuel at xx # of miles.... but not where I fueled!! LOL

21 - 24 of 24 Posts