Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT AN EXCELLENT SITE.
Been wanting the Ridgeline for years and finally bought a used 07' RTL. This one has everything you might want and I'm very pleased with it. The only thing I found lacking was the lack of a backup camera. I found tons of info here & recently located a video that helped me make up my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0kC7rFp4ac
Hats off to those of you that did the factory install yourself. I was amazed at what's involved. Anyway thanks to all those that have added so much information.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, that made up my mind too! Not to ever even attempt it! That is an insane amount of tearing the truck apart, for a backup camera. I could probably do it, but why...lol. Just don't think it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice looking 07 - good luck with it!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Congrates!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the club!!:cheerleader: I have the same color in an 08. I love my RL and just purchased it a month ago. During that time I made a lot of mods and feel that this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Check out my home page for pics.:act030:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I installed my own a few years ago and have really come to rely on it. I also had mine painted to match my Steel Blue color and centered it instead of placing it off center like Honda recommends. You also have the newer option of getting the camera integrated into the tailgate handle which looks even cleaner. That option wasn't around when I did mine. Here's my thread from way back then: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21143&highlight=centered

Good luck.

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed my own a few years ago and have really come to rely on it. I also had mine painted to match my Steel Blue color and centered it instead of placing it off center like Honda recommends. You also have the newer option of getting the camera integrated into the tailgate handle which looks even cleaner. That option wasn't around when I did mine. Here's my thread from way back then: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21143&highlight=centered

Good luck.

Dan
After seeing what you did, I am tempted to give it a shot BUT I don't have that pink tool the guy uses in the video so I'll probably just let Honda do it

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the Club and congratulations on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I installed a plate cam, never removed the rear seats. I just ran the cable through the side panel of the bed (as shown) and into the bottom of the rear cabin vent (white plastic vent you see at 16 min. of the video). With the seats folded up you can reach your hand back there and pull the cable through the vent.
Also, did not remove the roof panel. Loosened the end bolt enough to raise the panel slightly to get the quarter panel out.
Since it was a plate cam, did not have to get into the tailgate, although I've done that to install a Pop and Lock.

If you plan to do a Pop and Lock, replace the seat pulleys, and install a cam, you could do all 3 following the video for the disassemble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts