Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you know that in addition to using an MP3 player in the AUX jack on the dashboard, you can plug in the audio (with the same wire) from a laptop computer and watch AND listen to a DVD etc. It sounds GREAT and you now have an inexpensive DVD player in your Ridgeline. By the way, I extended the center console foward all the way and the laptop fits on it beautifully.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The extended console is where I put my laptop for my Poor Man's Nav. Works great. I will eventually tap into the aux port.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If I do decide to get XM I will most likely get the portible unit and plug it into the AUX jack to listen to it. This way you can take it with you anywhere you go !! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
bellteck said:
If I do decide to get XM I will most likely get the portible unit and plug it into the AUX jack to listen to it. This way you can take it with you anywhere you go !! :D
I had a portable MyFi XM unit that I sold once I got my RL w/ XM. It worked great, I didn't even install the antenna on the roof, I just placed on the forward portion of the dashboard of my Tahoe.

The unit definitely works better in metropolitan areas where there are ground based satellite receivers. The broadcast function of the unit, which sends the signal to you FM receiver and plays the music through your stereo, also worked very well. I was impressed by how well it worked compared to similar FM broadcasters sold for iPods and the like.

I do miss how it let me record 5 hours of stuff and then play it back whicle I was in the car, kind of like TiVo for the radio.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good point Ebone, my brother has one and he was telling me the same thing. Plus just the fact that its portable is one of the best features and makes the monthly charge much easier to justify. Im still undecided between that or a 20/30/60 gig Ipod/MP3 Player. :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
bellteck said:
Good point Ebone, my brother has one and he was telling me the same thing. Plus just the fact that its portable is one of the best features and makes the monthly charge much easier to justify. Im still undecided between that or a 20/30/60 gig Ipod/MP3 Player. :cool:
They both have their good points. I love that I can plug in my iPod and listen to the artist I'm feeling like hearing at any time I want to.

I also love XM because the content is always fresh, which if you only have one of the original 5 GB iPods like I do, can get a little stale after a while. XM also has unique content like CNN, Discovery Channel, Opie & Anthony, etc.

I'm glad I have both. The following site has lots of good discussion and forums on XM radio:

http://xm411.com/

They are sponsored by an XM retailer, and they are giving away a free Roady XM radio with the purchase of any other XM radio right now. Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
shovelhd said:
The extended console is where I put my laptop for my Poor Man's Nav. Works great. I will eventually tap into the aux port.
What program do you use? Im going on a road trip and need nav...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have the DeLorme system that comes with Street Atlas USA 2005.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just a question, since I have XM in the RL, I've been thinking of getting the hubby a Sirius satellite radio. Mainly because NFL and NHL are on Sirius and I can't find mention of it on XM. Would that work in the Aux jack of the RL? That way when we take the truck on trips, which we will almost primarily, we can listen to whatever strikes our fancy :)

Has anyone had experience with Sirius?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts