Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
What Are The Facts As Are Currently Known???

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that EVERYONE that seems to know ANYTHING about the 2006 Toy Drive Donations are talking in riddles.:mad:

They speak, we hear, yet NOTHING is really said.:confused:

I have YET to figure out why neither side will simply state the provable FACTS, as they are currently known, or maybe NOTHING is known, and all is speculation.:eek:

I know this is a public forum, open to viewing by anyone, even if they are not a member, so maybe it is the liability aspect of making a public statement that is keeping either side from stating what they KNOW to be the "FACTS". After all this time, surly something is known to be true and factual that would not come back to bite anyone in the behind, if they were to share it publicly with us.

On 03-15-2007 01:37 AM scionlife stated, "I tried to get ahold of the hospital today to determine the status of this special case, but my contact was out of the office and will not return until Monday. I am hoping that she will give me a ring on Monday or Tuesday of next week with some more information."

I, and the rest of ROC, are patiently waiting.

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
I can't say that I know all the facts... I hear new things which may or may not be a fact all the time.

The facts as I know them that matter are as follows:

People claimed that they sent money to LadyRidge with the intent that their money would be donated to Loma Linda.

LadyRidge acknowledged receipt of that money here on ROC.

After several exhaustive searches Loma Linda denied that LadyRidge donated the money as she had claimed. I verified this via telephone and others have posted the same results.

LadyRidge was asked to support her claims that she made the donation and as far as I know she is not able to prove the donation in any way. She has apparently told different people different stories. I personally called two of her telephone numbers and left messages in attempt to get to the bottom of this issue and offered to post her position here on ROC. She failed to return any of my calls. This was before I contaced Loma Linda and became convinced of her wrongdoing. (I've been told that others tried to contact her many, many times, including going to her home and knocking on the door, but I will not present this as fact since I have no first hand knowledge of the events).

The police were called in to investigate the matter. I do not know if the investigation is ongoing or has been concluded. Normally the results of a criminal investigation are not made public unless there's a trial. I will not speculate on this matter, but I will cooperate if requested.

The above are the basic facts as I believe them to be. The rest of the details add fuel to the fire, but are irrelevant to the basic problem that the money did not make it to Loma Linda as intended.

What happened to LadyRidge in her personal life, where she went, who likes her, where she can post, are all fluff that doesn't matter.

I've heard that there has been enough pressure on her that she has agreed to make good on the money, but to the best of my knowledge that hasn't yet happened. In my opinion even if she made good at this time it's just a matter of her trying to get out of legal trouble. Most people are sorry after they've been caught.

Could this have been an honest mistake by LadyRidge? If she had cooperated from the start I might have to hold out that possibility, but it sure seems that she's done everything possible to evade and avoid the issue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: What Are The Facts As Are Currently Known???

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that EVERYONE that seems to know ANYTHING about the 2006 Toy Drive Donations are talking in riddles.:mad:

They speak, we hear, yet NOTHING is really said.:confused:

I have YET to figure out why neither side will simply state the provable FACTS, as they are currently known, or maybe NOTHING is known, and all is speculation.:eek:

I know this is a public forum, open to viewing by anyone, even if they are not a member, so maybe it is the liability aspect of making a public statement that is keeping either side from stating what they KNOW to be the "FACTS". After all this time, surly something is known to be true and factual that would not come back to bite anyone in the behind, if they were to share it publicly with us.

On 03-15-2007 01:37 AM scionlife stated, "I tried to get ahold of the hospital today to determine the status of this special case, but my contact was out of the office and will not return until Monday. I am hoping that she will give me a ring on Monday or Tuesday of next week with some more information."

I, and the rest of ROC, are patiently waiting.
Tim, in my opinion, I don't know that we'd necessarily benefit from debating this in such a public forum as the ROC.

It appears that a number of ROC members and Moderators have contacted her on this subject. When you're dealing with assertions such as a money order being mailed and it being lost in the mail, there may not be a whole lot of facts to back up any of these discussions. And on top of that, different people who talked to her may interpret (and accept) her assertions diferently.

The bottom line for me is that at least as of today, the money ($850 of ROC members donations) never reached Loma Linda Children's Hospital. The only resolution I'm waiting for is the news that it eventually got there.

I don't know that any more discussion or debate on the subject in this forum will help us to reach that goal.

JB

(I was typing this response as csimo was posting his response immediately above.)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can't say that I know all the facts... I hear new things which may or may not be a fact all the time.

The facts as I know them that matter are as follows:

People claimed that they sent money to LadyRidge with the intent that their money would be donated to Loma Linda.

LadyRidge acknowledged receipt of that money here on ROC.

After several exhaustive searches Loma Linda denied that LadyRidge donated the money as she had claimed. I verified this via telephone and others have posted the same results.

LadyRidge was asked to support her claims that she made the donation and as far as I know she is not able to prove the donation in any way. She has apparently told different people different stories. I personally called two of her telephone numbers and left messages in attempt to get to the bottom of this issue and offered to post her position here on ROC. She failed to return any of my calls. This was before I contaced Loma Linda and became convinced of her wrongdoing. (I've been told that others tried to contact her many, many times, including going to her home and knocking on the door, but I will not present this as fact since I have no first hand knowledge of the events).

The police were called in to investigate the matter. I do not know if the investigation is ongoing or has been concluded. Normally the results of a criminal investigation are not made public unless there's a trial. I will not speculate on this matter, but I will cooperate if requested.

The above are the basic facts as I believe them to be. The rest of the details add fuel to the fire, but are irrelevant to the basic problem that the money did not make it to Loma Linda as intended.

What happened to LadyRidge in her personal life, where she went, who likes her, where she can post, are all fluff that doesn't matter.

I've heard that there has been enough pressure on her that she has agreed to make good on the money, but to the best of my knowledge that hasn't yet happened. In my opinion even if she made good at this time it's just a matter of her trying to get out of legal trouble. Most people are sorry after they've been caught.

Could this have been an honest mistake by LadyRidge? If she had cooperated from the start I might have to hold out that possibility, but it sure seems that she's done everything possible to evade and avoid the issue.
What a load of BS.

You decided that JC was guilty long ago simply because the money didn't arrive. If I was in that situation, I wouldn't respond to your phone calls or emails either because you have already determined "guilt" and anything said to you would simply be twisted to support your forgone conclusion. I tell you what if both myself and one of my family members was facing life threatening illness, the last thing I would concern myself with is some internet blowhard simply looking to pound his chest and proclaim himself to be the only one who knows the "truth".

Evade and avoid the issue? Please, JC has had more important issues to deal with that involved her health and the health of her mother, perhaps you believe you should be more important than those issues, but despite your delusions of grandeur that is not the case.

Fact is, the only truth we know is that the money didn't arrive. Your efforts to tar and feather JC are based on speculation on your part.

I once had football tickets sent to me by Walter Payton (yes, that Walter Payton) that were lost in the mail. I guess instead of believing Walter that they were lost I should have attacked him and called him a liar and a thief right Csimo? I also should have demanded that he STOP tending to his own personal issues and answer the questions/accusations of some anonymous internet mouth breather right? I mean evidently it is an impossibility in your world for things to get lost in the mail. Guess what, those tickets never did show up, not a trace, but I accepted his word that they were sent, I certainly didn't set out to attack his character. He later apologized and offered tickets to another game. I accepted his apology. I guess that's the difference between me and you.

Go ahead, Ban me now, that seems to be your MO. Ban someone and then trash them behind their back. Real class.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK guys, Joanne from Loma Linda just called me and the donation has FINALLY been made! She is mailing me a formal letter on LL letterhead so that I can present it to everyone on the website.

The only person that knows for sure what happened to the money is JC, but I can say for sure that the money did not make it to the hospital when it was supposed to. So whatever the reason, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and feel better knowing that our donations will now serve its purpose.

This issue has caused some serious concern and the 2007 Xmas Toy Drive will have some new procedures to prevent fraud from happening again. I have personally invested at least 20 hours of my personal time pursuing this payment and I don't want that to repeat. It's too bad that this happened, but I don't think JC intended to cause such a problem. It was just a series of unfortunate events that exploded into a serious catastrophe.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Glad to hear it. Maybe now the rush to judgement crowd will stop attacking LadyRidge. Although I doubt it.

Seriously, do you folks really think that LadyRidge would steal from members of the ROC? Oh, and wasn't part of that $850 total being tossed around her own donation?

She got in "trouble" ONLY because she wanted to help and something went wrong. She has since made it right but, for some who seem to need to puff up their own self importance, evidently that won't be enough.

(oh BTW, looks like Lady's Buck was right wasn't he?)

·
Registered
336 Posts
As for me, the issue was NOT closed with a payment in the mail (after all it could have been claimed to be lost, couldn't it:rolleyes: ); but with a credible source stating that it has actually arrived at its destination.

·
Registered
616 Posts
As for me, the issue was NOT closed with a payment in the mail (after all it could have been lost, couldn't it:rolleyes: ); but with a credible source stating that it has actually arrived at its destination.
Lost? No, didn't you hear, that's not possible. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Why? You looked foolish enough the first time.

Oh well enough. The lesson I learned from this is NEVER volunteer to help a bunch of anonymous internet blowhards with a charitable endeavor. Why? Because those who sit on their hands and do NOTHING are quick to throw stones when/if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Payment was made today, not last week. I believe they used the US Postal Service and not magic.

That was my point, the check was probably mailed when Lady's Buck posted. But what difference does it make? Its interesting that out of my posts on the topic, that one line about Lady's Buck is the only one that got a reply.

Anyway, thanks for following up and posting the good news.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
This issue has caused some serious concern and the 2007 Xmas Toy Drive will have some new procedures to prevent fraud from happening again.(Emphasis, mine - Truckin')
I take offense to this statement as it is still a slam at JC. I believe in our ideal of "innocent until proven guilty" and there has been NOTHING revealed that indicates there was any fraud commited in this incident. Now that the money is at Loma Linda, can the public lynching of JC finally end?

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, I'm sorry if I haven't been clear enough, but let me put an end to the speculation and frustration on both sides.

JC received all of the money but it was never mailed to the hospital. JC indicated that the money was given to a relative of hers and that person failed to send it to the hospital, although this may have been another version of her constantly-changing story. JC has finally accepted responsibility for the issue and with pressure from me, two police detectives from different offices and the Loma Linda hospital we have finally recovered the money and gotten it to its rightful place.

JC was 100% at fault. Instead of helping to resolve this issue she was uncooperative in every way possible and only with the threat of legal action did she finally work with the hospital to bring a finale to this scandal.

I spent WAY too much time trying to bring a resolution to this event. In fact, I spent at least TWICE as much time following up on this problem than I did running the entire charity event. Because of JC I am having second thoughts about continuing this event for a fifth year. If ANYONE wants to dispute what I have said then by all means email me directly: [email protected].

This topic is CLOSED.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.