Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've never been one to leave things stock. For either performance gains or just to change the look, I have always made modifications to my vehicles.

When I was considering purchasing a Ridgeline, I was still quite attached to my '99 Integra GSR. I had received several awards for it, and we make regular trips to the largest auto show in the country, NOPI Nationals in Atlanta. But my wife Misty quickly pointed out "You can still do stuff to the truck!"

So here it is. I have set up this post to chronicle the changes to my Ridge. Changes won't necessarily be major, quick nor regular. (It's that money & time thing). I've seen some Ridge's that have more done to them that I have at this point. But this gives me a central repository to document the changes. And hopefully some of you will be interested to follow the transformation.

So enjoy. Thanks.

--------

This first picture was taken 5 days after I picked up my Ridge. We took it down to the NOPI show in Atlanta. Notice, less that a week old and I've already changed something! You can see the wire harness along the firewall. I purchased some blue tubing, stripped off the OEM black cover on site and replaced it with the blue. This is the closest thing I have to a stock photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soon after the NOPI show, I added the roof rack. We like to camp and with everything else like tents, cooler, chairs, etc, the rack provided the best option for hauling the mountain bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops. I already got things out of order. DOH! :eek: Before the roof rack, I had actually added the rear seat storage system. As you can see, it's very handy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few weeks ago I added the fog lights. It was pretty easy. Since there are posts giving step by step directions for certan modifications, I won't give you the steps, just the results. The only difficult part was cutting into the bumper. It 'hurt', not that it was really hard to do. :)

While I had the bumper off, I also added the billet grilles. I originally only added the three bottom ones due to time and the fact that the guy had shorted me some screws which I didn't discover until I was half way through it! The main grille was added just this week. I was able to disassemble the maiin grille, remove the silver 'tv antennas' and mount the billet one right over the remaining base.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Very nice!

EXCELLENT colour choice!:D :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darn it! So much for chronological order! I forgot the most important mod. My banner, courtesy of LadyRidge! I added that right after the ROC and the Rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hez said:
Very nice!

EXCELLENT colour choice!:D :D
Thanks HEZ. I must concur on your color choice! Of course, you got the interior I really wanted. Darn Canadian market! :) As some have heard, I have no intent to leave mine beige. Keep watch.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Your grill work looks great!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T Mac said:
Very sharp, Jaiden... might be a candidate for "Ridge of the Month" - a new feature we will be launching on the ROC very, very soon. :)
Cool. Should I start campaigning? ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Jaiden -

Billet grille looks good! Did you do it right after our Mini-Meet with LadyRidge?

My vote for Jaiden as first Ridge of the Month!

TMac -

Might be nice to rotate color of ridge (6 colors, 12 months...) as feature. Maybe? Just a thought. Cool idea. Great way to see what people are doing to their Ridgelines.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jaiden, how does that long ice scraper work for you? I have the same kind. Only scrapes about a half inch at a time. Maybe I just don't know how to use it! My last 2 vehicles had remote starters, so I may be out of practice.
Your RL looks great.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ridgeln - Sure did! The weather was nice, so off with the bumper!! :)

mugz said:
Jaiden, how does that long ice scraper work for you? I have the same kind. Only scrapes about a half inch at a time. Maybe I just don't know how to use it! My last 2 vehicles had remote starters, so I may be out of practice.
Your RL looks great.

mugz - I've really only used it once to scrape off some light ice. But it at least reaches across the windshield. With my remote start, it doesn't get that much use (yet!)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LadyRidge said:
Hey Jer..did you get your remote start fixed??:confused:
I'm not sure what was up with that. It's been working fine since then. Maybe it was 'performance anxiety'? :eek:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The remote starter would have been cheaper by far than the new barn we built because I was tired of parking my truck outside (wife has 2 cars - long story).

Jaiden - "performance anxiety?" Must have been the proximity of 2 other Ridge's that it didn't want to show them up. Peer Pressure, maybe?

-ridgeln

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
jaiden said:
Cool. Should I start campaigning? ;)
Wow Jer! You've got a great start on your customizing. I'll be sure to vote for your RL. "Truck of the Year" and "Ridgeline of the month"! You should be very proud.....:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts