Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
What classifies it as a truck vs a SUV, van or mini van. I might have spoke to soon might because it has box. Still waitng but that Tacoma and Canyon is lookin better everyday.

You've been pretty hard on the G2 RL, but yet you don't seem to have completely written it off. What keeps it in the hunt for you?

· Registered
153 Posts
1) Size of the OEM tires?
2) Cost of the "accessory" wheels?
3) Height of hitch from ground to center of receiver?
4) What audio packages are available?
5) Do the seats have adjustable lumbar support?

Thank you

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
"...This week we finally get to test, drive, and apparently even “off-road” it for ourselves. Get your questions in now!..."
1. Wheelbase measurement.
2. Turning circle
3. Front and rear track
4. Wheel/tire size

I realize most of these measurements are going to be tough to get, but even an eyeball guestimate would be helpful.

You're not going to be able to guess turning circle, but how tightly are you able to turn corners? This is the one thing I don't want to give up about the Tacoma, which in many other ways does not make for an enjoyable driving experience.

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,112 Posts
No, it will be a hit with Soccer Moms.
Stopped by the Toyota dealer today to get a first hand look at the Tacoma. Nice vehicle, but not nearly as spacious in the rear seat area as the Ridgeline.

The sales rep asked me what he could do today to earn my business. I told him, nothing, I was waiting on the debut of the new Ridgeline. He started laughing and said I was crazy to consider that minivan. My son was getting irritated and wanted me to delineate all the outstanding features of the Ridgeline over the Tacoma. I paused, but seriously should have schooled that Toyota fanboy, and told him the only thing the Tacoma has over the Ridgeline is off-roading.

It will be a pleasure to pull up in the Toyota lot in my new Ridgeline to pick up an oil filter for my wife's Camry Hybrid. I will specifically ask for that salesman by name.

· Registered
3,009 Posts
Stopped by the Toyota dealer today to get a first hand look at the Tacoma. Nice vehicle, but not nearly as spacious in the rear seat area as the Ridgeline.

The sales rep asked me what he could do today to earn my business. I told him, nothing, I was waiting on the debut of the new Ridgeline. He started laughing and said I was crazy to consider that minivan. My son was getting irritated and wanted me to delineate all the outstanding features of the Ridgeline over the Tacoma. I paused, but seriously should have schooled that Toyota fanboy, and told him the only thing the Tacoma has over the Ridgeline is off-roading.

It will be a pleasure to pull up in the Toyota lot in my new Ridgeline to pick up an oil filter for my wife's Camry Hybrid. I will specifically ask for that salesman by name.
That's an issue with the perception of the Ridgeline...it's a minivan. Whether Honda wants to admit or not that perception hurt the sales.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.