Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
How wide is the mowing deck on your JD? It looked like it was still there on the last pic. We couldn't get our garden tractor up on the truck with the mow deck in place, it was just a bit too wide (48")

We need another mower... I think we'll get a zero turn radius. We have about 6 acres to mow and have a boatload of trees and stuff. I've never bought a JD (never had reason to) do you like yours? Pros/cons?

L

·
0 Posts
NICE!! And thanks for pposting the pictures.
Don't you guys find it amazing how this forum and the people in it run through our minds throughout the day when we remember to take pictures to share?
WARM AND FUZZY FEELINGS!! That's what THAT is. :p

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cool pics, arteegee. What kind of ramps did you use to load the thing in there?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Kellcut said:
How wide is the mowing deck on your JD? It looked like it was still there on the last pic. We couldn't get our garden tractor up on the truck with the mow deck in place, it was just a bit too wide (48")

We need another mower... I think we'll get a zero turn radius. We have about 6 acres to mow and have a boatload of trees and stuff. I've never bought a JD (never had reason to) do you like yours? Pros/cons?
My 2 cents on JD... had a Honda from 1990. Spent $14K, 4 wheel drive&steering with a rotory brush/ snow blower/snow blade. Great tractor and still runs good, only cant get parts for it anymore.
JD. you can still get parts from anything post 50's is what I here. As soon as the Honda go's beyond rigging to keep it running... JD here I come

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kellcut said:

My JD is a 42" 17.5-horse Kohler and is the largest that will fit intact. Probably 45" or so wide. Will not fit in my Splash but I knew that when I bought the mower 14 months ago. Only have an acre landscaped so couldn't justify another ZTR. Used to have a Dixon that was quite nice and fast, but my friend who had the franchise passed away and I sold it.
Had a Snapper which was easy to get parts for and that was good because it always needed something. The Hi-Vac action was 2nd to none. Finally put a Honda motor on it and that rocked but the diff exploded so I got the JD. Wanted a Honda but parts availability and cost was a factor. The Deere has been super reliable so far but Saturday the trans-cooler fan broke. Luckily a blade fell into the drive belt and made a noise so I caught it before the hydrostat burned up. :eek:
Thanks for the kind comments. I consider you all friends. :)
Oh, the RL drove like a luxury car and was very secure.
As to the ramp, got a real deal on it. Fits in RL next to the tractor. Never been in this store but had the best price online by $50 and local store had it in stock. Here's a link:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=90018

·
Registered
774 Posts
arteegee said:
My JD is a 42" 17.5-horse Kohler and is the largest that will fit intact. Probably 45" or so wide. Will not fit in my Splash but I knew that when I bought the mower 14 months ago. Only have an acre landscaped so couldn't justify another ZTR. Used to have a Dixon that was quite nice and fast, but my friend who had the franchise passed away and I sold it.
Had a Snapper which was easy to get parts for and that was good because it always needed something. The Hi-Vac action was 2nd to none. Finally put a Honda motor on it and that rocked but the diff exploded so I got the JD. Wanted a Honda but parts availability and cost was a factor. The Deere has been super reliable so far but Saturday the trans-cooler fan broke. Luckily a blade fell into the drive belt and made a noise so I caught it before the hydrostat burned up. :eek:
As to the ramp, got a real deal on it. Fits in RL next to the tractor. Never been in this store but had the best price online by $50 and local store had it in stock. Here's a link:
thanks for the information. I have a JD L118 42" 20HP B&S that I bought last year when we moved to a house with a little more than 1 acre. It's good to know the 42" JD" will fit in the bed. I'll take a look at the ramps you bought. Sounds like a good fit.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like Harbor Freight -- hadn't heard of them until I moved out here and we had to start buying all kinds of stuff for working on our project (67.5 Datsun Roadster). I'm like a kid in a candy store in that place -- and their website is even better! :D

Thanks for the info on the ramps!

·
Registered
964 Posts
arteegee said:

Thanks for the info. We have almost 6 acres to mow and lots of trees, hilly etc. Need the ZTR to cut down on the mowing time, and we could then have the two of us out mowing at the same time and get it done FAST. We're most likely going to get the JD.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks arteegee!!

That was exactly what I was looking for! I have seen the two piece units, but they have always been so pricey! And the thought of them spreading apart while loading was too much!

I order the very reasonably priced tri-fold ramps. I even found a coupon code on the net that gave me $5 off and a free duffel bag!

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts