Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the JJ products 6" drivers armrest on my 2019 Ridgeline today, It seems to be high quality and the leather is a perfect match. The install was no problem, It took less than 5 minutes from start to finish, but, here are my problems. For one, the 6" arm rest is a coupe inches shorter in length than the factory one, while not a big deal but I wish I had known beforehand, and second I am a big guy and I have to drive with my seat all the way back, the JJ Products armrest is noticeably thicker and rubs against the center console and keeps it from functioning properly so I am going to have to return it. Unfortunately the website says they only do store credit which will do me no good since the only product they sell for the Ridgeline is the armrest. I am going to call tomorrow and see what happens I will keep this post updated. Has anyone else had any experience with returning this product to JJ Products?

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
I purchased this product from a forum member and noticed the same shortcomings. You might try selling them on the forum if you don't get any satisfaction from the vendor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't have the product and I thought about getting it. After having my rl for a while now I found that the stock armrests are perfect for me especially when I have items sitting on the center console lid and the armrests act as boundaries or (caddy with tall cups) or posts (store bag handles through both sides).

Surprisingly I have come to appreciate the stock design.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
602 Posts
"the JJ Products armrest is noticeably thicker and rubs against the center console and keeps it from functioning properly"
I don't understand this as the armrest seams to be far above the console and unable to rub it. Does anyone have these that can post a picture? Looking for more feedback on these. Maybe the narrower 4.5 inch version is the way to go?

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
635 Posts
"the JJ Products armrest is noticeably thicker and rubs against the center console and keeps it from functioning properly"
I don't understand this as the armrest seams to be far above the console and unable to rub it. Does anyone have these that can post a picture? Looking for more feedback on these. Maybe the narrower 4.5 inch version is the way to go?
I’ve read threads in which people have interference problems if their seats are all the way down. I don’t have the JJ Products armrest so I can not experiment with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
The JJ armrest, when lowered, rubs against the back edge of the center console where it slopes upward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a pair of the 6” ones.
Very disappointed I can’t return them -In short: they suck.
They do not match perfectly whatsoever. The stitching is a different pattern and the leather is a different grain.
They rub together, are shorter and any pressure outside of two inches (on the remain four) causes them to bend.
Then there is the interference with the console hump.
Do not buy these - huge waste of money in my opinion.
If you still want to...I’ll sell you mine at a great price!

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
65 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. I was tempted.
The stock armrests make it awkward to hold my wife’s hand while driving.

Bummer they suck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
As I look at the stock armrest, it is clear to me that it is shaped the way it is in order to clear the console. I can see how it would interfere with one that is evenly wide. Shame, because I would love to get the 4.5's.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts