Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a confusing title, so apologies if so.

But I was trying to join a wi-fi with a known password on our other devices - that password has a space between two words. Not an underscore; not a hyphen; not any kind of character - simply a space.

When needing to enter a space for other applications in Navigation, for instance, the keyboard has a clearly identified "space bar" that we have successfully used.

But I've looked - and pressed - all over the password entry screen to try to join that wi-fi network, and nothing seems to allow me a simple "space." It's probably right in front of me, so forgive my ignorance if so, but evidently I need some guidance.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,602 Posts
We are thinking about replacing our 3rd gen CR-V with a 5th gen. The removal of the web browser is very unfortunate. In our 10th gen Civic (2016), the browser, and access to the Android settings for WiFi, were the only ways I managed to setup the car's WiFi for either our home guest network or our phones' Hotspots. The Honda WiFi setup would not allow spaces or lots of other things in the WPA PSKs. So I browsed to a page I put up with the keys, selected, copied, went to Android Settings WiFi, and pasted. I have no clue how I'd setup the PSKs in the new CR-V.
WiFi uses? - Page 4

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried this and it didn't work.....
I figure that out the hard way, anyway.

Go to Settings -> System -> Detail Information (It is the last choice)
You will then get into the Android setting.
You can click Wi-fi to add your wifi (with space in password) just like your android phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts