Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as the title states I have a 2022 Sonic Gray Pearl with the Black HPD Package. Installed is the Jsport lift kit. 1.5 up front and .75 in the rear. Tires are 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grappler XL. I went with this size because as you will see in the pictures there is almost no room left and did not want any rubbing. Maybe a child's pinky could fit between tire and wheel well but that is about it. Size was recommended by Jsport for no rubbing and they acknowledged that 265 will.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know noise is completely subjective from person to person but, how are the Nitto Terra Grappler tires in comparison to the stock Firestone tires noise wise in your opinion? Another member just had some of these tires put on as well in the same size.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know noise is completely subjective from person to person but, how are the Nitto Terra Grappler tires in comparison to the stock Firestone tires noise wise in your opinion? Another member just had some of these tires put on as well in the same size.
There is a faint tire whine, which I am surprised to hear. It is faint and easily drowned out by radio and/or conversation but compared to the stock firestone which where silent to me ( so say a zero) then I would say the Nitto is 2 at most out of 10. It would not deter me from buying again. Keep in mind I only have about 40 miles on new tires. I can tell you the stock Firestone were not good in the rain. Lots of hydroplaning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can tell you the stock Firestone were not good in the rain. Lots of hydroplaning.
Thanks! (y) Yes, I still have the Firestones on mine with a little over 18k miles on them. I haven't experienced to much hydroplaning feeling except for maybe once and it was quite a bit of standing water. I'm actually looking at the Nokian Outpost A/T tire. A nice tire for a nice price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So as the title states I have a 2022 Sonic Gray Pearl with the Black HPD Package. Installed is the Jsport lift kit. 1.5 up front and .75 in the rear. Tires are 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grappler XL. I went with this size because as you will see in the pictures there is almost no room left and did not want any rubbing. Maybe a child's pinky could fit between tire and wheel well but that is about it. Size was recommended by Jsport for no rubbing and they acknowledged that 265 will.
Looks great!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great!!
Thanks alot.

Next steps is to swap out the factory speakers to some higher quality aftermarkets, install my dual 8 inch JL audio sub box, and tint the windows. Then finally may cut off the factory mufflers for an aftermarket muffler to get some sound out of this baby. Not real loud just something. Man these babies are quiet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts