Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm not really in the market, but I think it might look cool with an optional set of bars angling back, pre-runner-style (see attached example). That might allow for an additional set of mounting bolts in the bed rail, giving even more strength.

That might also allow the support base rails to be thinner, allowing more room for tonneau covers.

Speaking of tonneaus, I wonder if there is a market for a raised tonneau, like maybe raised 3 or 4 inches. That would allow much more locked storage without resorting to a full shell, as well as allowing taller coolers and storage containers under the tonneau.
We had angled bars in one of the prototypes but decided against it due to the overall look feeling too bulky for the Ridgeline. We wanted to keep a pretty simple design that worked with the Ridgeline's style, not against it. However, we are still open minded and always looking to improve on each design and so a modular setup may be something to look into down the road.

Raised Tonneau is an interesting concept and pretty sure we saw one online one time with an overland pick up truck, can't remember how it was setup though. Thanks for the suggestions Longboat.

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The design is what keeps pulling me back. I really don’t need one ………but?

Gusto!
Haha thank you! It means a lot to us that you like the design - had a lot of trial/errors! If you want it message me directly and I'll give you the code for free shipping. Would love to see this rack on a 2022 like yours!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Huh interesting! Theirs looks too bulky and loud for my taste personally. I like yours but I have the oem tonneau cover. This looks much cleaner and like it fits the truck better IMO
I thought the same thing but I bumped into this picture on Instagram where they use only two bars without the big mountain panel and honestly is growing on me. Much simpler look, you can add one of those to the back and it would look way more subtle than the other model.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I thought the same thing but I bumped into this picture on Instagram where they use only two bars without the big mountain panel and honestly is growing on me. Much simpler look, you can add one of those to the back and it would look way more subtle than the other model.
Yeah we saw those as well. Definitely a simpler/better look in our opinion but no cross bars in front of the rear windshield. We are working on brackets to make ours compatible with OEM Tonneau covers by the way for those wondering.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts