Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

It's an absolute honor to be able to formally join the Honda Ridgeline community as a business owner! I've owned Honda Ridgelines since 2009 and have worked for Honda since 2008. As you all have seen, there just isn't a huge accessory market for our trucks and we wanted to change that. We are starting off with our own truck rack, called the Jstu Elites RidgeRack. It's a very lightweight (17lb) "chase rack" or "headache rack" that sits behind the rear windshield and can be removed quickly if needed. It gives our trucks a beefier appearance, gives you options to mount lights and/or gear to it, and just plain customize your truck in more ways than you could before. We've had ours on our truck for a long time now and its really stood up to the elements.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Rectangle Automotive exterior Parallel Font Auto part

This will not be our only product, as we currently have more in the design phase. So we are really looking forward to your feedback and seeing what you all can do with our products! If you have suggestions on future products and/or better designs to current products that are out on the market feel free to drop us a message, we would love to talk about it.

Hood Motor vehicle Grille Line Automotive exterior
Toolbox Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Hood

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity here and we truly look forward to building this relationship.

John Stuart
Owner
Jstu Elites Storefront
Jstu Elites FaceBook Page
Jstu Elites Instagram Page

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello everyone!

It's an absolute honor to be able to formally join the Honda Ridgeline community as a business owner! I've owned Honda Ridgelines since 2009 and have worked for Honda since 2008. As you all have seen, there just isn't a huge accessory market for our trucks and we wanted to change that. We are starting off with our own truck rack, called the Jstu Elites RidgeRack. It's a very lightweight (17lbs) rack that sits behind the rear windshield and can be removed quickly if needed. It gives our trucks a beefier appearance, gives you options to mount lights and/or gear to it, and just plain customize your truck in more ways than you could before. We've had ours on our truck for a long time now and its really stood up to the elements.

View attachment 422191 View attachment 422192

This will not be our only product, as we currently have more in the design phase currently. So we are really looking forward to your feedback and seeing what you all can do with our products! If you have suggestions on future products and/or better designs to current products that are out on the market feel free to drop us a message, we would love to talk about it.

View attachment 422193 View attachment 422194 View attachment 422195

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity here and we truly look forward to building this relationship.

John Stuart
Owner
Jstu Elites Storefront
Jstu Elites FaceBook Page
Jstu Elites Instagram Page
Great pics.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a tonneau cover, any way to trim the feet to get it to fit with the tonneau??
Hey Beaumontian, which cover do you have? Some are more forgiving on the spacing on top of the rails. We are looking into custom brackets that could lift our rack up a bit so the rack could work with most tonneaus, but that won't be for some time.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pics.
Thanks Jack! Yeah we knew a lot of the customer base had bed covers so definitely looking to come up with ways so our rack works with most covers. Currently only the in-bed covers work best, the one's that sit on top are a bit tricky since most go all the way to the edge.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a Truxedo Pro X15. Fantastic pics, I really like this headache rack.
Nice cover, it looks like its an in-bed mount style. Do you have any pictures of it mounted on your truck? Specifically where our rack would anchor?

· Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,988 Posts
How about a rubber bed mat just like the one I had for my 08 RTL? Contacted Weathertech and I was told that because the already had a surface covering, that they would not manufacture just a mat. I'm about ready to see if I can find the largest rubber pickup bed mat and cut it down for our Ridge.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about a rubber bed mat just like the one I had for my 08 RTL? Contacted Weathertech and I was told that because the already had a surface covering, that they would not manufacture just a mat. I'm about ready to see if I can find the largest rubber pickup bed mat and cut it down for our Ridge.
Good idea, can be tough with the trunk though due to the weight - but haven't had any experience with them honestly. Your best bet is what you said, just take an oversized one and cut it down neatly for now. Thanks for the suggestion.

· Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,988 Posts
Not a problem (for me) with the trunk, just roll it back when you need to dig deep. I have the one for my 08 RTL that worked fine for 314,000 miles. It's a little short for this 2020.

Back in the day, we ordered about 20-30 on this forum. Oh, and made in the USA.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a problem (for me) with the trunk, just roll it back when you need to dig deep. I have the one for my 08 RTL that worked fine for 314,000 miles. It's a little short for this 2020. Back in the day, we ordered about 20-30 on this forum.
Oh okay nice. 20-30, sounds like it was one of those forum group buys. We used to do them on the Triumph motorcycle forum all the time.

· Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
Looks nice
Nice looking product, and a great idea! Quite a few have been looking for a brush guard that fits 21-on models, just an idea.
^^^^^. What he said. Keep in mind you md have to work any mounting points or cross sections so they don’t interfere with any sensors. I have been searching the web and found anything.

Also not mentioned, unless I missed it, how does the rack get mounted (drilling) and pricing. I have a LOMAX cover but looks like it could be a close fit.

It looks great in your black truck. BTW - I have a black truck.

Finally, just a thought, if you offered it in the same truck body color it might generate more interest.

I wish you success in this endeavor!

Gusto!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts