Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2017 RTL-T (2016-2021), 2022 RTL-E (2021-present)
130 Posts
If you make the following I will buy it:
  • actual bed rack (front and back risers)
  • matches height of roof racks
  • allows for an OEM tonneau. And allows OEM tonneau to be fully functional (closed or folded back)
  • none of the cheesy overbuilt 'chase rack' side pieces.

Just a basic function-over-form rack that is currently unavailable for the Ridgeline. I want to carry ladders, 12' lumber, canoes, etc. And I still want to use my tonneau. And I don't want to look like some clown pretending that my RL is some off-road rally beast. Make that and I'm your garunteed first customer.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice looking product, and a great idea! Quite a few have been looking for a brush guard that fits 21-on models, just an idea.
Thanks! I'm sure a few companies are after that but it's something we are looking into for sure!

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That looks great--really shows well in the pics. Definitely interested.
Thanks Hok! Let us know how we can make it happen. If you want specific pictures/info just DM us.

Looks nice

^^^^^. What he said. Keep in mind you md have to work any mounting points or cross sections so they don’t interfere with any sensors. I have been searching the web and found anything.

Also not mentioned, unless I missed it, how does the rack get mounted (drilling) and pricing. I have a LOMAX cover but looks like it could be a close fit.

It looks great in your black truck. BTW - I have a black truck.

Finally, just a thought, if you offered it in the same truck body color it might generate more interest.

I wish you success in this endeavor!

Gusto!
Thanks Maine! You have one small (2cm) hole in each side through the plastic bed rail panel (super easy) and remove the oem bolt - then use our bolts which are longer. Take some pictures and/or measurements of your Lomax cover and we will see if it can work out!

We have a limited quantity, but some are not powder coated yet. We will definitely consider doing custom orders for desired colors.

I don’t want to overlook what looks like a very solid product, but I especially like the decal on the back of the truck! That is a really good look
Thanks a lot! Funny enough we put the decal on long before the whole HPD trim package was ever announced, they must have seen us on the road hahaha.

If you make the following I will buy it:
  • actual bed rack (front and back risers)
  • matches height of roof racks
  • allows for an OEM tonneau. And allows OEM tonneau to be fully functional (closed or folded back)
  • none of the cheesy overbuilt 'chase rack' side pieces.

Just a basic function-over-form rack that is currently unavailable for the Ridgeline. I want to carry ladders, 12' lumber, canoes, etc. And I still want to use my tonneau. And I don't want to look like some clown pretending that my RL is some off-road rally beast. Make that and I'm your garunteed first customer.
Thanks Jones, there are currently a few Thule style front/rear back risers that look more contractor friendly and adjustable that we've seen.
-For the OEM cover, I think our best option is to fabricate a C bracket that can lift our rack above the OEM covers - still looking into it.
-I agree with the overbuilt chase racks, they just don't work well with the Ridgeline look - hence why we designed this one to work with the styling better.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh, and do you deliver to your neighbors to the north. So many companies make me sad, get stuff in cart and then we are in the same category as North Korea

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Currently we are setup for USA only but send me your address and let me do some digging for you.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Your rack looks nice but I have say I am surprised at the price. The cost is more than the Tuwa Pro Moab, which is a complete rack that allows the placement of a tonneau cover, including an OEM cover.
Hey DT, definitely appreciate the feedback! I know exactly what you are referencing as I am familiar with their setups. Honestly, they make great truck racks - I know a few friends who have their setups and really do like them. We aren't trying to compete with them really, we just want to bring something new to the table. We are a super small start up while they are much more established, therefore can get their material orders/labor in bulk where we cannot. Our rack may not be for everyone but we are hoping the shoe fits for some and that they enjoy it despite the cost. Once we become more established and can get our costs down, the sale prices of our items will in turn come down as well. So, let's hope we are successful and can bring more products at competitive pricing to the Ridgeline market in the near future!

· Registered
112 Posts
Their bracket on their rack goes underneath the cover, and the structure of the rack is on the outer edge of the rail.
Huh interesting! Theirs looks too bulky and loud for my taste personally. I like yours but I have the oem tonneau cover. This looks much cleaner and like it fits the truck better IMO

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thank you for that aspatzman, that was part of our goal to make it look like its meant to be on the Ridgeline - to add style and functionality without overdoing it. We are planning on making a C-bracket that could lift our rack up over the OEM cover. Any chance you could measure the height of your OEM cover from the bed rail cover and measure how close to the outer edge it gets? We don't have an OEM cover at hand so going to rely on some basic measurements for now for the CAD design.

· Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
Huh interesting! Theirs looks too bulky and loud for my taste personally. I like yours but I have the oem tonneau cover. This looks much cleaner and like it fits the truck better IMO
Agree. I like the looks a lot! It naturally blends into the overall truck design.

1) My LOMAX cover might cause fitment between using both at same time. I’m sure a work around solution is possible.

2). Cost - appears to be well made. If it were used as part of a work truck, great value. But my truck is an occasional daily driver. More of a garage queen as I work from home.

3) just a minor nitpick, I’d prefer not to have your band name on it. Without your logo it looks like it came right out the factory!

4) Finally, I really don’t have a specific need. But, I could see getting it as it would dress up my “garage queen”. As I attend a lot of car shows in the summertime it’d definitely would give it some style.

Gusto!

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey MaineMan, appreciate the kind words and feedback!

1) Looking online, the LOMAX may work but need to see the space on the top of the bed rail cover. Do you have a picture of that area on your truck?

2) Garage queens usually get better goodies than the work trucks honestly, so don't feel bad about hooking up your daily driver! haha

3) Totally understand the logo nitpick, good news is its only a decal so if you really don't like it you can remove it. Just make sure you drop our name when you show it off! ;)

4) Throw some lights on it or other fun gear like we did for ours and it will fit right in to some car shows. We plan on touring around the Northeast with the truck and trailer eventually and hitting up some meets etc - or create our own who knows?

· Registered
2019 RTL-E
116 Posts
I doubt you have the customer base to support this, but a slightly shorter model that was intended to mount on a Diamondback cover would have me buying one instantly (the DB headache racks are overkill-ugly). Also curious how the "removes quickly" works - would be great if your site offered the installation instruction.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I doubt you have the customer base to support this, but a slightly shorter model that was intended to mount on a Diamondback cover would have me buying one instantly (the DB headache racks are overkill-ugly). Also curious how the "removes quickly" works - would be great if your site offered the installation instruction.
Thanks rfcii, would the bracket we were speaking about above work with that cover possibly? Any pictures of the bed rails near the cab with your cover? Ours may work if a bracket lifted it up and over the DB cover. As for removes quickly, it's just one 10mm bolt on each side - takes minutes. We will have a video on our youtube channel up this weekend for installation - but every rack has an installation guide as well.

· Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
I just watched your YouTube video. It is definitely a simple enough installation. I have two questions.

1) What kind of testing have you done to ensure that only one bolt on each side keeps it stable? It seems like 4 bolts (2 on ea side) would do a better job of keeping the rack from rocking. I could see my grandkids pulling on it if they were in the bed. Or a tall load pushing it into the back of the truck if you had to slam on the brakes.

2) What is the distance (space) between the edge of the bed until you hit the plate where the rack is welded? Finally, what are the dimensions of the base plate?

It does look like it just might work with my LOMAX. Dimensions on LOMAX are cover has a 1/2-inch overlap on both sides sitting on the bed, 3 1/2 inches of space from edge before it hits the cover, sits 1/2-inch tall above the bed.

Nice job on the video!

Gusto!

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I just watched your YouTube video. It is definitely a simple enough installation. I have two questions.

1) What kind of testing have you done to ensure that only one bolt on each side keeps it stable? It seems like 4 bolts (2 on ea side) would do a better job of keeping the rack from rocking. I could see my grandkids pulling on it if they were in the bed. Or a tall load pushing it into the back of the truck if you had to slam on the brakes.

2) What is the distance (space) between the edge of the bed until you hit the plate where the rack is welded? Finally, what are the dimensions of the base plate?

It does look like it just might work with my LOMAX. Dimensions on LOMAX are cover has a 1/2-inch overlap on both sides sitting on the bed, 3 1/2 inches of space from edge before it hits the cover, sits 1/2-inch tall above the bed.

Nice job on the video!

Gusto!
Thanks Maine!

1) We've had it installed for some time on the truck and mounted multiple items to it without any trouble (no sway, wind noise etc). Trying to pull on the top bar or push it doesn't move the rack, only sways the truck actually. The bolt holes are almost in the middle of the anchor plate for extra stability.

2) The spacing between the edge of the inner bed and the plate is a hair over 3/4", the edge of the bed to the first weld (ontop of the anchor plate) is just a hair over 1.00 inch. The entire plate itself is 3in x 8.5in

I think it will work, any pictures of that portion of your truck with the cover so we can be sure?

· Registered
112 Posts
Any chance you could measure the height of your OEM cover from the bed rail cover and measure how close to the outer edge it gets? We don't have an OEM cover at hand so going to rely on some basic measurements for now for the CAD design.
Can you clarify what you'd like measured? I could definitely take some measurements/pictures with the OEM cover.

· Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Can you clarify what you'd like measured? I could definitely take some measurements/pictures with the OEM cover.
Hey we appreciate that! Someone got us the height, but if you could tell us the gap between the outer edge of the bed rail and when it touches the tonneau cover, as well as the overall width of the cover (across) that would great! Thanks!

Car Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,939 Posts
I'm not really in the market, but I think it might look cool with an optional set of bars angling back, pre-runner-style (see attached example). That might allow for an additional set of mounting bolts in the bed rail, giving even more strength.

That might also allow the support base rails to be thinner, allowing more room for tonneau covers.

Speaking of tonneaus, I wonder if there is a market for a raised tonneau, like maybe raised 3 or 4 inches. That would allow much more locked storage without resorting to a full shell, as well as allowing taller coolers and storage containers under the tonneau.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts