Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ridgeline posted it's best month of sales since it's release for July, and this was during the great domestic car and truck give away siphoning sales away from the big "T" and "H" boys. Impressive for this pricey little truck.

March 3,875
April 3,365
May 3,297
June 3,585
July 3,911

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got mine in July, and probably sold a few for Honda in August..Everyone is looking at the truck! Never seen another on the road. Now that the employee incentives are over, get set for a flood. Every Honda Dealer was mobbed toward the end of the month.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RidgeMe said:
Got mine in July, and probably sold a few for Honda in August..Everyone is looking at the truck! Never seen another on the road. Now that the employee incentives are over, get set for a flood. Every Honda Dealer was mobbed toward the end of the month.
GM enjoyed giving their cars away so much in July, their extending it through August. I guess they were just so excited that anybody wanted one. (sigh)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does anyone know if the $1000 back end money is still in play on the Ridgeline? My dealer says no. My wallet prays YES.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
In another, recent thread, I asked how many Ridgelines have been sold - now I know. Looks like around 18,000. The thread I asked this question was about our membership here having just reached 1,000 people. I don't know how many of our 1,000 are potential owners but I would like to know where the other 17,000 are? Any RL owner who does not belong to this forum is losing out big time. I can almost guarantee every RL owner has a computer so there is no excuse. Where are you all?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
shortspark said:
In another, recent thread, I asked how many Ridgelines have been sold - now I know. Looks like around 18,000. The thread I asked this question was about our membership here having just reached 1,000 people. I don't know how many of our 1,000 are potential owners but I would like to know where the other 17,000 are? Any RL owner who does not belong to this forum is losing out big time. I can almost guarantee every RL owner has a computer so there is no excuse. Where are you all?
I'm sure most RL owners have far to important jobs and are to important to their communities to be lolly gagging on the internet with us lolly gaggers. We're probably the RL riff raff :D :D :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
3911 in July almost meets the monthly sales target. If we can help and the Honda dealers get after it they may get that 50,000 yet. 5000 each month until next March would make it.

Tiger

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought in July from the best Honda dealer in CT:

www.torringtonhonda.com

I have bought many cars, dealing with Ora Curry III is great. Very nice, honest and we also have fun playing softball in the same league.

Joe

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tiger said:
3911 in July almost meets the monthly sales target. If we can help and the Honda dealers get after it they may get that 50,000 yet. 5000 each month until next March would make it.

Tiger
I may be mistaken but I thought the 50K sales target is for the entire 2006 model year which means Honda has at least 12 more months to reach the goal. Continuing the 5 month average of 3600 will result in 61000 '06 Ridgelines being sold before the introduction of the '07's.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I think you are mistaken. But what do I know :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tiger said:

Tiger
Count me in for adding to the numbers in July.

Steel Blue RTL with roof rack, fog lights, mud flaps, wheel locks and front window tinting. Pricing was real real good.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
denvrfan said:
I may be mistaken but I thought the 50K sales target is for the entire 2006 model year which means Honda has at least 12 more months to reach the goal. Continuing the 5 month average of 3600 will result in 61000 '06 Ridgelines being sold before the introduction of the '07's.
I think the monthly avg will rise as the Ridgeline gets more and more real life exposure, thanks to the 18,000 owners out there. Every one of us has shown it to at least 10 people, and (most) everyone who sees it loves it. I just showed a friend last night and he said "What is that?" All the crash test, rollover ratings, and raving magazine reviews (such as Consumer Reports) are also helping sales. Every time you turn around there's another positive review or safety rating coming out.

The first year sales target is a little confusing to us. But the Honda corporate execs will frame it however they want, whether it's the first fiscal year (March - March) or the first model year (until Sept. '06). And I think their original goal of 50k was increased to 80k, so I would guess that's through Sept. '06. If "The Kid" was still around he could probably tell us.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
All the crash test, rollover ratings, and raving magazine reviews (such as Consumer Reports) are also helping sales. Every time you turn around there's another positive review or safety rating coming out...
Wait till it gets named "Truck of the Year"

·
Registered
484 Posts
jrebot said:
I bought in July from the best Honda dealer in CT:

www.torringtonhonda.com

I have bought many cars, dealing with Ora Curry III is great. Very nice, honest and we also have fun playing softball in the same league.

Joe
I think that's the third time (out of 19 posts) you've said so too... We get it, you like your dealer. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts